Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upsize woes

Default Upsize woes

Been stretching my lobes slowly and over a long period - I'm in no hurry really.
    So far everything has been smooth and easy, a taper either slid smoothly through and BCR followed, or a short period with a tapered spiral saw the new ring fit easily.
    Recently I picked up my first tunnels and a spiral taper of the same size. The spiral slides smoothly through with a little oil and almost no effort. The tunnels? No sign of hope for them fitting. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have to push hard or feel any undue discomfort - I expect things to feel a little strange, of course but seeing things just not looking right in the mirror, much pushing out and "that isn't going to fit" makes me stop before the tunnel is even showing any sign of getting started .
    So, tunnel-wearers, clues as to what I may be getting wrong and/or hints and tips as to getting these 1st time tunnels in place, please.

Try round ended plugs and have a read of the stretching guide at the top of this section of the forum. Stop using spirals and BCR's etc. Either dead stretch with round ended plugs or use a straight taper followed by a plug.

How long has it been since your last stretch, what size are you going from-to?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Months, probably 5+ since the last upsize. Read the guide, or at least the first couple of pages - I'm not wading through the vast reams of all of it.
    There seems almost nothing at 9mm so happy to go slowly from 8 to 10mm.
    Plugs are a new venture. I'm not sure what you mean by "round ended plug" - BJS listings don't seem to specifically list this feature but do mention flare, either single or double. Is this what you suggest? A picture would really help if you could link one, please.

Yep I meant read the guide on the first page, not the entire thread, think that would take days!
    Round ended

9mm is out there, (someone else may have a suggestion for UK shops, I buy my jewellery 2nd hand on Facebook or from the US at Bodyartforms.com). I am at 9mm at the moment and have a few glass pairs, mainly bought from a selling group on Facebook. If you really can't find or don't want to buy 9mm why not try tape?

There's no way to go slowly from 8mm-10mm as you need to go to 9mm first unless you want to shove spirals through your lobes which creates uneven stretches.

So are you trying to go from 8mm to 10mm using a 10mm tunnel?

ETA: You can get some from Crazy Factory here for 1.20 each.
    Last edited by Boo; 09-02-2014 at 09:13 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Splendid, thank you.
    Might well contact you via PM re. your possible surplus items.

I recently went from 8mm to 9mm with GWS single flare glass plugs I got from BodyArtForms. You deffo wanna rest at 9mm for a while before stretching to 10mm.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.

I'm in no hurry, no upsize until spring as my birthday can be the new jewellery justification.

Having bought straight plugs I'm wishing they were longer - perhaps my lobes are thick but there could easily be more space in the length - the O-rings are barely on and I still feel a bit squeezed. I'm guessing manufacturers use a standard length since few vendors quote the length; the same seems to apply to tunnels.

Well, with GWS you can do a pre-order and request what wearable you want. I don't think it works out dearer. I usually do a pre-order for in between or low stocks sizes, or if I just want a particular colour. Turn around time is quick (from date of order to arrival through letter box is four weeks).
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Thanks for your suggestion. Do you mean https://www.glasswearstudios.com ? (Glasswearstudios com)
    Says a couple of dollars per item for custom but that in the scheme of things isn't a huge amount.

That's the make, yes.

I generally order here from BAF. Post is like $4 plus $1 insurance. (For future reference - if you want a size not listed, like .5mm increment, then pick the next size up in the drop down box and add in the gauge you want in the comment box - like 8.5mm etcetera.)

EDIT: Or if you search you can find the pre-order for their Colorfronts.
    ------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast