Thread: Is my septum piercing making me feel ill?

Default Is my septum piercing making me feel ill?

Wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this but I figured it's fine because my question relates to my health during the healing time so...

I got my septum piercing on Monday and for the rest of the day I felt fine tbh, but the next day I woke up with an incredibly oily face and I felt a bit..different..I couldn't put my finger on it but I didn't feel quite myself. Wednesday morning I wake up and somehow my face is even oiler,it's seriously disgusting,and I really don't feel good. The whole day I've felt nauseous,without touching my face I can tell it's oily because it just feels funny..idk how to explain it but I feel like my face can't breathe as if I'm wearing lots of makeup, I feel so disgusting and dirty.

This is my first piercing other than my ear lobes so I don't know if this is normal or if it even has anything to do with my piercing. My face has never been this oily before..I generally have normal skin..not too dry/not too oily. I'm also getting a few light headaches.

The only reason I'm so quick to blame it on my piercing is because it all started the day after I got the piercing.

Tbh it's bothering me more than it should because I have very low self esteem so if I feel sick or anything I begin hating myself because it only strengthens my feelings that I'm disgusting :(

19 year old girl who is quite new to the piercing world..but eager to have more
    Yet to step into the tattoo world.
    3 lobe piercings/left ear,1 lobe piercing/right ear,
    proud owner of a septum piercing

Are you touching your face more than usual? Mood(and touch) can have a direct affect on skin secretions, it's probably due to something benign such as your excitement and elation
    Last edited by Mk1; 08-13-2014 at 11:44 PM.
    Piercings: 3x Lobe (L), Single Upper Lobe (R), Conch (R), 1.6mm Septum

To do list: Angel Bites, Tongue, Nipples, Navel, Tragus.

If you think you're I'll then go to a doctor. No one can safely diagnose over the internet. As long as the whole septum piercing was done safely and properly and under the proper regulations yada yada then what ever is wrong with you won't be related to your septum directly.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.

It's probably due to the level of stress you've managed to achieve over the past few days try to relax and just look after yourself.

Eat well, sleep well, drink plenty of water.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

I highly doubt is your septum, you are over stressing. When I first had my septum I thought I had migraines from it but it was nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Sofia9997 View Post
    I highly doubt is your septum, you are over stressing. When I first had my septum I thought I had migraines from it but it was nothing
    I think it was stress and some other things, recently discovered I'm allergic to fragrances & something else - both are pretty much in everything I use day to day so that explains all the issues with my skin & I've not been eating well for a while, which I now know the reason for so basically it wasn't my septum but I'd figured that out after a while anyways

19 year old girl who is quite new to the piercing world..but eager to have more
    Yet to step into the tattoo world.
    3 lobe piercings/left ear,1 lobe piercing/right ear,
    proud owner of a septum piercing

It could very well be stress. Hope you feel better soon. I have terrible anxiety and I know first hand that stress can make your body do some very odd things!! Hope you start to feel better soon

I'm sure she's better this many months later

Thread closed.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<