Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piercing small, flat nipples?

Default Piercing small, flat nipples?

Hi everyone, sorry if this is a stupid question (and I've looked through the forum, I know you're probably getting sick of nipple piercing questions) but the people on this forum seem nice and helpful so I was hoping someone may be able to put my mind at rest about nipple piercing.

I've been wanting to get my nipples pierced for over a year, and now I'm seriously considering and planning it. The thing is, I'm worried that my nipples will be too small to pierce. They're normally flat/puffy and not erect at all, and when they do get erect, which is normally only if I'm really cold or if I literally pull the nipple outwards, they only stand about 5mm from the areola and the rest of my breast. And the diameter of the nipple is probably a little less than 1cm/10mm. Will this be a problem? I'm worried that the piercing will not be deep enough and may reject, or that they will be pierced in the areola which may lead to mastitis.

I do plan on going to the studio and having a chat with the piercer before I get them done, and also to check out the place since I've never been there before (Westport Studio in Dundee, can anyone tell me anything about it?), but I just wanted to ask here what you guys though so I don't get my hopes up then find out it's impractical. I'm a 22-year-old female, by the way. And I wanted to get a horizontal bar on both nipples.

I have little nipples that are flat when not erect and I have mine pierced. =)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Quote Originally Posted by jesterxlady View Post
    I have little nipples that are flat when not erect and I have mine pierced. =)
    OK cool Have you experienced any problems with the depth of the piercing (too deep or not deep enough)?
    Do you think all professional piercers will be able to safely do it? I've read online stories about piercings being the wrong depth, or the piercer not allowing for how the nipple 'expands' when not erect so not using a long enough bar.

I think the first one was pierced a little shallow (it rejected, but this was because I caught it really badly in the shower), but my current one is nice and deep. The first bar I had became too short after two months (I was pierced with a 14mm barbell), but this was due to post piercing growth rather than ineptitude on the piercer's behalf. I just went back and ask for an upsize, which he did and I've not really had any problems with length since (I thought I'd need to upsize to 18mm a few weeks ago, but that was due to swelling, which went down quite rapidly). =)

Any decent piercer will be able to pierce you at the correct depth, although I understand your concern. As lonh as they're reputable, you'll be fine!
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

I'm in the same boat.. I'm planning on going this coming Tuesday (it's 11pm Friday night here in sydney) I'm so worried that I get there and they won't come out to be pierced! Mine come out if it's cold or if someone else tries to make them come out.. I know it's possible to have them done but I'm gonna be so embarrassed if they won't come out for the piercer. He's a nice guy but I've only been pierced by him once roughly 9 months ago.

Did they make yours come out more or just stayed the same?
    Last edited by Boo; 08-22-2014 at 05:04 PM. Reason: merged posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nataleighc View Post
    I'm in the same boat.. I'm planning on going this coming Tuesday (it's 11pm Friday night here in sydney) I'm so worried that I get there and they won't come out to be pierced! Mine come out if it's cold or if someone else tries to make them come out.. I know it's possible to have them done but I'm gonna be so embarrassed if they won't come out for the piercer. He's a nice guy but I've only been pierced by him once roughly 9 months ago.

Hey, have you been the your piercer yet? What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Nataleighc View Post

Hey, I found that my pierced nipple sticks out more than my non-pierced nipple. It's not permanently erect, as there is a difference as to when it goes erect. But it isn't as flat any more.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Professional Piercer Just_vix81's Avatar

Ive pierced ladies with inverted nipples and flat nipples, as long as the nipple isn't too shallow and they can be done safely without piercing into the areola, and without risk of them rejecting, then they should be fine, a decent piercer will be able to assess whether they are suitable
    Piercings
    Left ear:12 including scaffold,tragus,conch x 3 & 14mm lobes
    Right ear:12 including rook,conch x 3 & 14mm lobes
    Eyebrow
    Right nostril: x 3
    Left nostril: x 3
    Vch
    Piercer and Tattooist

Quote Originally Posted by Pinxy View Post
    Ive pierced ladies with inverted nipples and flat nipples, as long as the nipple isn't too shallow and they can be done safely without piercing into the areola, and without risk of them rejecting, then they should be fine, a decent piercer will be able to assess whether they are suitable
    What would you say is "too shallow"?
    Haham sorry if I'm making too much of a fuss about this, it's just that this will be my first non-facial piercing.

I assume too shallow would be very inverted, if yours are just flat then they can be pierced. Make sure you go to someone very good.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast