Thread: To Laser first or go straight for a cover up?

Default To Laser first or go straight for a cover up?

I was wanting to get a tattoo on my hip covered up (See picture above, that's what I have tattooed)

I don't regret the tattoo, but rather the scratcher that did it , and it's very poor quality, I am going to get it covered with a much larger tattoo and have this one done better, and moved somewhere else but smaller as part of my sleeve

The tattoo is on my hip, and is about 8 inches tall by 4 inches wide and is all blac, the scratcher also went very deep

The tattoo that I am getting to cover it, will be very large and very darc (mostly blac), it will either go from my right hip, across my bac to my left hip ... or from my right hip up my ribs to my right armpit whichever will worc better for the design of the tattoo

My question is...

For a darc blac tattoo such as this one, should I get some laser done on it before I cover it up? Or as it will probably need a few sittings to go over anyway, should I just go straight to the cover up?

You'd have to go speak to an artist, show them the one you have now and the design you want and they'll tell you. Without that info it's impossible to answer.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

If it's dark, laser! The tattooist may feel confident in being able to cover it up without any problems, but having a little laser first will never hurt!