Thread: People with septum piercings through cartilage,I've got something to ask you!

Default People with septum piercings through cartilage,I've got something to ask you!

After much worrying and researching I've finally decided where I'm going to get my septum piercing tomorrow,I've also realised I have what I think is a sweet spot but it is incredibly small and thin..I can only feel it with the tips of my nails meaning I'll most likely have to get my piercing through the cartilage :/
    What I'd like to know is how much did your septum piercing hurt? (If you got it through your cartilage)
    Most of you will probably rate it on a scale of 1-10 which is fine but I'd really appreciate if you could assign your number with a comparison to something just as painful or just compare it without the number..it's up to you Ofcourse
    Oh and if you could tell me how long the initial pain lasted or just pain in general before you could bare it.

I can't handle pain at all...I honestly think a blood test is the worst thing I've ever experienced (yes I know,I really shouldn't be getting this piercing but I want it so badly!!)
    So I'm hoping you guys can give me a good idea of how bad it's going to be and then I can prepare myself or decide I definitely won't be able to handle it >.<

Thankyou so much

Honestly? You're overthinking this. Try to relax.

A sharp needle is going to be pushed through a small bit of your flesh. This may hurt a little for a few seconds. If the thought of this is really truly freaking you out, then don't get the piercing.
    Or get it anyway and you'll laugh at yourself afterwards for building yourself up into this frenzy of anticipation
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    Honestly? You're overthinking this. Try to relax.

A sharp needle is going to be pushed through a small bit of your flesh. This may hurt a little for a few seconds. If the thought of this is really truly freaking you out, then don't get the piercing.
    Or get it anyway and you'll laugh at yourself afterwards for building yourself up into this frenzy of anticipation
    I'm only asking because I've read online people with it through the cartilage saying it's the worst pain they've ever felt,worst piercing,worse than childbirth,worse than a tattoo...so obviously I'm going to think that it'll hurt a lot.
    Tbh I haven't found a single person who had it through the cartilage and didn't say it hurt...a lot.
    Maybe you're right and it'll be nothing but with me something doesn't even have to hurt for it to upset me. I won't explain why but I get very distressed by things that make me feel uncomfortable so any kind of pain is really hard for me to deal with...

i just want to be prepared

Quote Originally Posted by Bananasundaee View Post
    worse than childbirth
    Horseshit.

It's no worse than stubbing your toe. In fact for me out of the countless cartilage piercings I've had all of them have been better than stubbing my toe.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Horseshit.

It's no worse than stubbing your toe. In fact for me out of the countless cartilage piercings I've had all of them have been better than stubbing my toe.
    Yeah lol I did think that one was a complete exaggeration...but I feel like you guys are probably used to the pain of piercings or/and tattoos so it's not really a big deal for you.
    Obviously I'm hoping and praying that is just like stubbing my toe (which I hate soo much) but I'm preparing myself for a pain similar to being repeatedly stabbed in the face with a knife ��
    seriously if my clothes don't feel right on me like a bit too tight or just rubbing weirdly I will burst into tears and scream and just generally become very distraught..so a needle through my nose..I might need to be restrained ����
    please don't judge me too harshly though,even though I do come across as a little wimp who just moans and worries about everything :L I have my reasons..I've always been this way so I just try and adapt and prepare myself for any discomfort I may feel.

It'll be fine though I mean...no ones ever died from a septum piercing so it can't be that bad

You're definitely overthinking it. It sounds like something like this will cause you a lot of distress. Maybe skip out on it this time around. Otherwise, just take a deep breath and take the pain like a champ, because I know you can. It'll last for but a moment. I saw someone's signature on here - I can't for the life of me remember who it was, but it has stuck with me - and it says something along the lines of, "What's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?"
    Hi, I'm Stef!

Current:
    Lobes (x3), right nostril, navel, tongue
    Retired: Helix (x2), lobe (x1), vertical labret
    Future:​ Tongue web, outer conch, vertical labret (again)

Tattoos: Tragedy/Comedy Masks on right foot, "This too shall pass" on right shoulder blade (in mommy's handwriting <3)

Quote Originally Posted by stefallis0n View Post
    I saw someone's signature on here - I can't for the life of me remember who it was, but it has stuck with me - and it says something along the lines of, "What's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?"
    (Look up a few posts )
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by stefallis0n View Post
    You're definitely overthinking it. It sounds like something like this will cause you a lot of distress. Maybe skip out on it this time around. Otherwise, just take a deep breath and take the pain like a champ, because I know you can. It'll last for but a moment. I saw someone's signature on here - I can't for the life of me remember who it was, but it has stuck with me - and it says something along the lines of, "What's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?"

I wonder if it's the anticipation of discomfort that causes more distress than the discomfort itself?
    Either way, if discomfort/pain really freaks you out then piercings are probably not a great idea.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

LOOOOL shows how attentive I am. Thanks, Hazel.

I agree, it sounds like the anticipation is what's causing the majority of OP's distress. I mean, that's more often the cause of any discomfort for ME, but it never gets to this extent. But yeah, piercings might not be the best idea if this freaks you out so much, unfortunately.
    Hi, I'm Stef!

Current:
    Lobes (x3), right nostril, navel, tongue
    Retired: Helix (x2), lobe (x1), vertical labret
    Future:​ Tongue web, outer conch, vertical labret (again)

Tattoos: Tragedy/Comedy Masks on right foot, "This too shall pass" on right shoulder blade (in mommy's handwriting <3)

I got 3 done in one go and it still wasn't the worst pain I've felt! Getting stitches on a barely numbed ankle was way worse.