Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can I use contact lense solution for my septum? Need advice today!!

Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong (as I don't have a septum piercing) but if they're likening the crusties to glass that means they're pulling them through the forming fistula? Which they could only do if they were fiddling/playing with the jewellery? As in, if they left it alone, it shouldn't hurt?
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

If you leave it alone how is it going to hurt ? Unless you're yanking it around and dragging dried crust into the open wound, there's no way it can hurt. Not possible.
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

^ exactly, the crusties (which are a natural part of the healing process) only hurt if you drag them into/through the fistula, which you shouldn't be doing anyway.

Get it pierced, have the piercer flip it up for you, then leave it alone. Septums (by all accounts) are easy healers.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

My septum healed like a dream. I didn't clean it once after piercing, just rinsed in the shower once or twice. I honestly think you're worrying too much about this. As others have said, if you leave it alone while healing then no crusties should be getting pulled through the fistula.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

I never once got crusties on my septum, did SSS for about 1 week and then rinsed in the shower.

Again it all comes down to what advice you want to take, first hand experiences from experienced piercees or something else.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks for your help everyone I've decided to go to a shop that includes aftercare with the piercing since,as you all noticed,I'm a worrier so..better safe than sorry

Sorry to be a noob but how do I close a thread that I've started? I've tried finding out how but I can't...is it not possible?

Only the admin team can close threads, usually if they're out of control or very old.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Bananasundaee View Post
    Thanks for your help everyone I've decided to go to a shop that includes aftercare with the piercing since,as you all noticed,I'm a worrier so..better safe than sorry
    All piercers will give you aftercare advice, usually verbally and in writing.
    If they give you any aftercare substances it'll either be some sort of chemical anti-everything solution like you might get at Claires, which you should avoid like the plague and never ever put on a piercing, OR if they're decent it'll be a baggie of sea salt that you can make up SSS with, or they might sell you H2Ocean, which is SSS.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

No please do not do that!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast