Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Septum piercing - got a few questions!

I just used the lid from a coffee jar - kept it level and bent my neck down until my nose was dunked in it.

If you're having cleaning problems then you might want to get your piercer to switch you to a niobium or glass retainer as they don't tend to attract anything - plus they're smaller so you can use a cotton bud to get out anything else up your snozzle without touching jewellery or the piercing site.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.

Don't forget our anatomy allows us to sneeze with the airflow from the nostrils completely blocked, just place two fingers over them.
    Piercings: 3x Lobe (L), Single Upper Lobe (R), Conch (R), 1.6mm Septum

To do list: Angel Bites, Tongue, Nipples, Navel, Tragus.

I sneeze inwardly without having to cover my nostrils, and nothing comes out my nostrils at all or gets dislodged. I don't tend to like do a regular sneeze ever though. XP
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Like you I couldn't do soaks the usual way instead I got some flat round cotton wool pads then folded them in half to a semi circle, then dunked each end in the the sea salt solution then placed the ends up one nostril each - the cotton wool pad made a sort of u shape under my nose but stayed quite well without having to press or push it into place, once it had cooled down I changed it for another until I'd done about 10 minutes. I did have to put a towel under my chin to catch drips but it worked quite well for me.
    Hi I'm Helen...
    Current: Tongue 14g, Septum 14g, Lobes 14g, Faux Snug(R)(helix 14g & conch 14g), Daith 16g(L), High Lobe 14g(L & R), Double Helix 14g(L)
    Retired: 2nd Lobes, Tragus(R), Nostril, Lip, Nipples (L & R), Navel, Wrist MD(R)
    Want: Tragus(R), Forward Helix(R)
    Tattoos: 2 - Cover up (faded badly done heart) 3 Big red roses with green leaves, 2 butterflies and a ladybird, 13hr clock with filigree frame and dotwork face, 1 terrible japanese?! symbol - to be covered up soon I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by RedBullBabe View Post
    I sneeze inwardly without having to cover my nostrils, and nothing comes out my nostrils at all or gets dislodged. I don't tend to like do a regular sneeze ever though. XP
    Really? I can't find any literature on that which does not relate to canines and felines. Whats it called?
    Piercings: 3x Lobe (L), Single Upper Lobe (R), Conch (R), 1.6mm Septum

To do list: Angel Bites, Tongue, Nipples, Navel, Tragus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mk1 View Post
    Really? I can't find any literature on that which does not relate to canines and felines. Whats it called?
    I have no clue. I've never researched it - it's just how I sneeze. I can't remember sneezing any differently. The only person that I've seen sneezing similarly is Neve Campbell in Three To Tango. I dunno if that helps...
    ------

For the Salt Soaks, go and buy those little paper dixie cups (like a bit bigger than shot glass sized), I use 2 stacked on eachother and warm up my solution for 30 seconds. Then you tip your head forward and put the little cup against your upper lip and dip your nose in. You also lightly squeeze the cup to bend it and allow for the water/solution to rise up a bit and into your nose. Just keep your head tipped forward and let the soaking commence. Best advice I've gotten for soaks. I've even soaked my tragus and daith this way.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234