Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Septum piercing - got a few questions!

Personally I think it looks absolutely fine. It is possible that your nose/septum maybe a bit swollen which can make the jewellery appear more crooked than it is, mine looked like the right side was further back but once healed and swelling gone it's as close to perfectly straight as i could expect. If you are conscious of it at the moment is it possible to flip it up and leave it to heal then raeassess when it has healed?
    Eta Well done for getting the piercing hopefully it will help you realise sometimes the anticipation of an 'event' can be worse than the actual thing.
    Last edited by hellucy; 08-12-2014 at 07:07 PM.
    Hi I'm Helen...
    Current: Tongue 14g, Septum 14g, Lobes 14g, Faux Snug(R)(helix 14g & conch 14g), Daith 16g(L), High Lobe 14g(L & R), Double Helix 14g(L)
    Retired: 2nd Lobes, Tragus(R), Nostril, Lip, Nipples (L & R), Navel, Wrist MD(R)
    Want: Tragus(R), Forward Helix(R)
    Tattoos: 2 - Cover up (faded badly done heart) 3 Big red roses with green leaves, 2 butterflies and a ladybird, 13hr clock with filigree frame and dotwork face, 1 terrible japanese?! symbol - to be covered up soon I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    There lies your problem, bodies are not perfect. There's nothing wrong with your piercing.
    I know I'm coming across as obsessive but do you honestly think the picture I posted today of my piercing looks desirable?

19 year old girl who is quite new to the piercing world..but eager to have more
    Yet to step into the tattoo world.
    3 lobe piercings/left ear,1 lobe piercing/right ear,
    proud owner of a septum piercing

I already have a septum piercing so I don't find it desirable as there's no need for me to get another.

I and and several others have said it looks fine. I like setpum piercings on anyone tbh
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I think your placement is fine. If I was you I'd flip it up after doing an SSS and forget about it, then get some better jewellery in there when it's healed (like a CBB wth a smaller wearable if you like that style). Or try different styles.

Septums should be fun but I get why you're totally obsessing over it as I did after I had mine done. I totally stressed about it being perfect on here (can probs find my posts somewhere), and I felt silly stressing but I couldn't stop; until I flipped it up and tried different retainers once it was okay.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.

Sorry to bother everyone again! But..just wondering does my piercing have to be straight? Because after inspecting the entry and exit holes I noticed one side is lower and a lot more forward then the other which I realised is the reason why it's now looking crooked.
    I know it's hard to get it exactly straight but mine is clearly pierced at an angle which wouldn't bother me if it wasn't visible face on..which it is.
    Id reassured myself that it looked crooked because it must be swollen but now I know it's because of how it's pierced.

so what should I do? Will it look straight ever or does an angled piercing mean a crooked appearance?

The swelling can make the entrance and exit holes look out of line - you can get uneven swelling.
    For now I think the best thing you can do is to flip the piercing up and leave it to heal - until ALL swelling has gone you can not judge what the final appearance will be - it may always be a little 'off' but it may heal and look straight only time will tell.
    Hi I'm Helen...
    Current: Tongue 14g, Septum 14g, Lobes 14g, Faux Snug(R)(helix 14g & conch 14g), Daith 16g(L), High Lobe 14g(L & R), Double Helix 14g(L)
    Retired: 2nd Lobes, Tragus(R), Nostril, Lip, Nipples (L & R), Navel, Wrist MD(R)
    Want: Tragus(R), Forward Helix(R)
    Tattoos: 2 - Cover up (faded badly done heart) 3 Big red roses with green leaves, 2 butterflies and a ladybird, 13hr clock with filigree frame and dotwork face, 1 terrible japanese?! symbol - to be covered up soon I hope!

As Helen says. I was convinced my inverse navel piercing was crooked for months until it had healed to a stage where there was no swelling or crusties to push it out of place. It is very much straight. The same happened with my nipple; initially, one ball looked further away from my body than the other (which looked very much like rejection and looked like it was pierced wonky) but as swelling reduced it settled and is now flat against the areola. This is probably the same for your septum. =)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Like I said before, just flip it up, and leave it be for a few weeks so swelling has a chance to go down. Stressing over it won't help at all at this stage.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananasundaee View Post
    Sorry to bother everyone again! But..just wondering does my piercing have to be straight?
    Only you have can answer this, for the most part no one can guarantee a perfect piercing, but when healed, if you have the time/inclination/money you can investigate custom jewellery that will accommodate your hole no matter how it is for an outwardly "perfect" appearance.

For the most part, in getting the piercing, you have taken a risk, unfortunately neither you, nor we cannot know for sure until it is healed or at the very least the swelling has gone down. As it's your nose you should know what it looked and felt like before, and thus when the swelling is gone; Relax, flip it up, and wait until the swelling has subsided.

Your photos' fields of view are insufficient to comment on your nose (whether appropriate or not to do so), however my own is, in my opinion, quite far from being described as symmetrical or level. Where are you going to measure from to determine the "crookedness" of the piercing anyway? The angle of the hole, the shape of the nose, whether the nose is central to the face, whether the bar is parallel with a line from ear to ear, there is so much variability, you could move onto whether your head is level to begin with, it just goes on and on.

IMO concern yourself with one thing, and nothing else, the horizontal angle and vertical positioning of the hole, not the appearance with jewellery in. I think it looks fine in the pictures. Its one that I have considered for myself, I am as you very concerned with neatness, though for me, control over the placement is more important than the effective positioning - that is with advice I chose the position of all my piercings so far. (That is I would not be happy with a bad piercing placement that I had not directly supervised.)
    Piercings: 3x Lobe (L), Single Upper Lobe (R), Conch (R), 1.6mm Septum

To do list: Angel Bites, Tongue, Nipples, Navel, Tragus.

How can I do a SSS without spilling water everywhere? I've tried bowls..I end up having to put my whole face in so that doesn't work,tried short glasses/containers..they don't work either so I have to hold them at an angle which just gets water everywhere,tried normal egg cups..same problem,tried wide egg cups..my fat nose just shoves all the water out.
    I'm getting so fed up it's annoying me as I don't really soak my piercing,I more soak my lap or the floor -.-
    Also I can't seem to do a warm SSS,the water is boiling for 5 minutes and then it's warm for one minute..then it's cold. Is there anythjng I can do to make the water warm for longer? Like does it matter what shape/size/material the container I use for my soak is?
    I feel like I'm being really stupid or something -.-
    and if you're going to tell me to do a cold SSS,then please don't lol..soaking my nose in cold water for 5-10 minutes feels so wrong!
    Ooh one more thing,I know it's super disgusting and I'm really sorry but,what am I supposed to do about snot and boogers in my nose? It seems to just build up till the insides of my nose is covered and it's all on my jewellery..I've tried using a tissue to clean my nose but I can't blow my nose into the tissue as it hurts to put pressure on my nose like that,also I can't just put the tissue up their and move it around because the tissue pushes on the jewellery which hurts. I've tried using qtips to get it all out but that doesn't really work and recently the walls of my nose have started to bleed a little in a few places,probably because I've been rubbing qtips on them.
    I need help :( I've skipped 2 family events (nothing major just hanging out) because I don't want to sneeze and then be stuck with stuff in my nose and outside my nose that I can't remove (also I've had headaches and stuff since the piercing so I don't want to go out)

really appreciate everyone's help btw..I'm probably one of the most irritating people you've had on the forum lol and I feel really bad :( so like I said..thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast