Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Septum piercing - got a few questions!

Most nasal structures are not "perfect" anyway in order to get the piercing placement perfect the basic anatomy would have to be symmetrically flawless too right? Looks great anyway.
    Piercings: 3x Lobe (L), Single Upper Lobe (R), Conch (R), 1.6mm Septum

To do list: Angel Bites, Tongue, Nipples, Navel, Tragus.

A side profile picture would help peeps decide if it's okay if you're worried about placement. It looks a little far back to me, but that could just be the angle of the picture.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.

I'll try and post a side view picture later if I can be bothered as I'm just feeling rather rough today :(

I'm just wondering though,can I train a crooked piercing to become straight?
    Yesterday it wasn't crooked just off centre but now it's both and I'm getting really worried it's going to stay that way in which case I might take it out which will really upset me as I've wanted it for so long.
    Ive tried just making it sit straight but then it moves back to being crooked,also it kills when I move it so I've stopped but I don't even wanna look at my face anymore :(

19 year old girl who is quite new to the piercing world..but eager to have more
    Yet to step into the tattoo world.
    3 lobe piercings/left ear,1 lobe piercing/right ear,
    proud owner of a septum piercing

Septums are crooked, ergo any piercing through them are nearly always crooked. You can't change it, it's totally normal and a very common thing. Mine isn't straight but if you look at it head on it's fine. Trust me, people won't be gazing at it from underneath or scrutinising it but if it bothers you then it may not be the best piercing for you if you like perfect placement/symmetry.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Im on my phone and it's playing up so I can't put all the pictures in one post but this is my piercing today (ignore my oily disgusting skin...I'm feeling and looking very rough today) as you can see it's crooked compared to yesterday when it was straight. It bothered me yesterday that it wasn't dead centre but face on it wasn't the biggest problem but today...face on..it's not looking too great.
    I realise that with this piercing I'm going to have to accept that it won't be perfect but I'm not sure if I can accept it looking like this..am I overreacting or is it crooked?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Septums are crooked, ergo any piercing through them are nearly always crooked. You can't change it, it's totally normal and a very common thing. Mine isn't straight but if you look at it head on it's fine. Trust me, people won't be gazing at it from underneath or scrutinising it but if it bothers you then it may not be the best piercing for you if you like perfect placement/symmetry.
    its not so much that I like perfect symmetry or anything it's more that I'm very self conscious and insecure about my looks so anything I do to my looks, I want it to be perfect or it gives people even more of a reason to judge me.

Have you got a picture from the side as well?

If it was pierced crooked then it will stay crooked. Though it can appear crooked due to swelling but not be at all. Septums can be pierced crooked to account for the nose not being symmetrical (they will look crooked when looking up from below, but they will look straight head on and from the side - which is what you want). Sometimes it's hard to tell with a CBB, especially if it's not snug and because they move around a lot.

If you can, take a picture, if not then flip it up and forget about it for a few weeks or until it's healed, then have another look later (maybe by switching to a properly fitting retainer or pincher etcetera).

EDIT: When I first had mine done (with a CBB) I hated it (not the correct jewellery style for my face) and I was uber paranoid about placement until I could flip it up to heal.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.

Thats the right side.
    The side further away from the centre of my nose and now resting higher visually than the other side of the circular barbell.
    Last edited by Bananasundaee; 08-12-2014 at 06:32 PM.

And that's the left side.
    The side that's closest to the centre of my nose and visually lower than the other side of the jewellery.. I hope I'm making
    sense lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bananasundaee View Post
    I want it to be perfect
    There lies your problem, bodies are not perfect. There's nothing wrong with your piercing.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast