Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nipple piercing woes! :(

Default Nipple piercing woes! :(

Last night I noticed a big bump against my nipple piercing that I could swear wasn't there the day before.

Tried researching it but nothing I've come across seems quite the same.

The bump is relatively large (about the side of the ball on the end of my barbell. It's almost as if it's a continuation of my nipple and sits above the jewelry. It's a bit hard. Not puss really- only when I first noticed it.. But I think that is just normal healing puss, forcing out any yuckies. But, a tiny bit of blood (this is probably irritation from me poking at it to see if it's the type of bump that will pop or ooze.) Oddly enough, it doesn't hurt at all. Just kind of there..

Any idea what this may be?! I did a SSS last night and put some tea tree oil on it. Just ordered emu oil which will be here end of week. (What's the best way to use emu oil anyhow?)

It's normal, how old is the piercing? Unless it's fully healed you don't want to be using harsh TTO on it. For emu oil you just wipe/wub it into the area. Just baby it and make sure you're wearing an appropriately sized titanium bar in it.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    It's normal, how old is the piercing?
    Just over a month! got nervous cause it's the first bad flare up. I'll continue on with my SSS's and wait for the emu oil.

Thanks Hazel! You're the best!

No problem, ditch the tea tree oil, hope it settles soon
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

It.does sound like the jewellery could be too short? Although I've noticed my nipple creates all sorts of lumps and bumps depending on how it's feeling! Emu oil has really settled my piercing, so definitely worth using! =)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

I've changed from a curved barbell to a straight barbell a little less than a week ago. Holy hell my left nipple isn't happy with the change! It's acting just as if it were freshly pierced :(

I've noticed that since they healed for a month with the curved barbell, there seems to be a little bit of a bump from where scar tissue healed up against the barbell. Now that the straight barbell is in, there is a big of an odd bump on either side of the nipple from the old jewelry shape. Any advise how to break this down? Or do you think since they're just a month old that it should go down and heal up nicely?

I didn't know you could be pierced with curved barbells! I think it'll be happier in the long run for changing it though. My nipple was pretty tender when I upsized at two months, but settled down within a week. Hopefully it'll settle down for you soon, too!

As for breaking down bumps, try emu oil massages (did you buy any in the end?), twice a day. But I reckon that as the piercings are still fairly young they may go down with time anyway. You may experience post piercing growth which may well rectify the problem! I find my nipple piercing changes shape on a semi regular basis, so don't worry too much. =)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Are u sure it ian a normal bump us ladies have on our nips?

Hey everyone!

This has not been an easy heal. I'm quite worried for my piercings. :\

As you all know.. About a month after piercing, I had the jewelry switched to straight barbells from curved barbells, thinking the piercing would be happier.. As the barbell wouldn't move around so much and one had developed a little bump.

Bad idea.

Ever since they've been EXTREMELY upset. It was essentially like re-piercing them since they now had to form scar tissue into a new shape, I suppose. The jewelry was changed a month ago. Both nipples have bumps on either side which will vary in size from day to day but never go away. Often they get oozy or hold some kind of liquid (not pus? it doesn't smell) then will drain a few days later. (Gross!)

Tried emu oil - it's done nothing. Same with salt soaks. I find it's best if I do absolutely nothing to them and just rinse with warm water in the evenings. They don't hurt at all - feel totally fine! Which is almost more annoying than if they were getting gross but actually hurt.

I had wanted these piercing for years and adore them but starting to think this was a huge mistake.
    Anyone go through this at all, or anything similar? Please tell me there's a light at the end of the tunnel..

::Edit::
    Here are some pictures so you can have a clearer idea. They actually look better in the pictures than in real life.

Right Side View:
    http://s23.photobucket.com/user/midn...9ee05.jpg.html

Right from Above:
    http://s23.photobucket.com/user/midn...5.jpg.html?o=0

Right (somewhat) Erect:
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ps5a51aa93.jpg

Left Side View:
    http://s23.photobucket.com/user/midn...8.jpg.html?o=3

Left from Above:
    http://s23.photobucket.com/user/midn...8.jpg.html?o=2

Left Erect:
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...pscd0b87da.jpg