Thread: Will flipping septum hurt?

Default Will flipping septum hurt?

Hi

I have had my septum pierced for about over 2 monthsish. When I got it pierced the piercer pirced the jewelry hidden up. Other than cleaning my piercing I have been too scared to touch it. All because of pain.

So what I am really asking is this. After all that time will it be painful to bring the piercing down to be seen? Will it be painfull to flip it back up? I have no idea and keep scaring myself out of it.

Thanks

I've never had my septum pierced but in my opinion I don't think it would. If you haven't had any problems with it and it's been healing for two months I don't think there's anything to worry about. Just try flipping it and see how you go?
    ~Gabby~

Current - lobes, forward helix, outer conch, rook, surface tragus, tongue, nose, navel, and wrist dermal
    Want - anti tragus and conch
    Retired - snakebites, tragus, helix and bottom navel

2 months is the standard healing time for septum piercings, so it should be fine to flip down at this point. If you're worried, it might be a good idea to do a sea salt soak before you flip it down just to make it a little bit easier to move (although it shouldn't be difficult/painful anyway).
    I have:
    7mm left lobe, 10mm right lobe, 2nd lobes, snakebites, right double helix, left conch, septum, tongue web.
    I want:
    10mm lobes, double nostrils, left tragus, venoms.

It'll be fine.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Your septum should be healed by now, if not fully then almost. abatha is right about the sea salt soak it will loosen/remove any crusties. The only time my septum hurt to flip up or down was if it was crusty or if the inside of my nose was very dry (I have allergic rhinitus so sometimes anti-histamines cause the inside of my nose to be very dry).
    I'm sure your piercer advised you of the 'septum face' if not best I can describe it to stretch your lips down (pout?!) and drop your chin, it elongates the centre of your nose, making the septum narrower and easier to get the jewellery past as you flip it down.
    You have had the piercing done and had 2 months healing - so you already did the 'worst' bits chances are any slight discomfort flipping the jewellery the 1st few times will be nothing.
    Hi I'm Helen...
    Current: Tongue 14g, Septum 14g, Lobes 14g, Faux Snug(R)(helix 14g & conch 14g), Daith 16g(L), High Lobe 14g(L & R), Double Helix 14g(L)
    Retired: 2nd Lobes, Tragus(R), Nostril, Lip, Nipples (L & R), Navel, Wrist MD(R)
    Want: Tragus(R), Forward Helix(R)
    Tattoos: 2 - Cover up (faded badly done heart) 3 Big red roses with green leaves, 2 butterflies and a ladybird, 13hr clock with filigree frame and dotwork face, 1 terrible japanese?! symbol - to be covered up soon I hope!

Pain is just pain, my dear. It'll be over in less than three seconds. Please clean it though, preferably with a saline solution. This is to obviously help move along the healing process, and also to remove any gunk/crusties/whatever else is stuck to the jewellery. If that's there, it will hurt a little more. But no, flipping it should not be a problem at all. As long as you're not agitating it on a daily basis.
    Current Body Mods: Tongue, double snakebites, labret, lowbret, dimples, angelbites, medusa, septum, nose, anti-eyebrow, helix, 00G spacers, nipples, smiley, third eye, bridge, and four tattoos.

Yes. I am obsessed.

I found it actually hurt more to flip it back up again afterwards because the balls on the horseshoe bar pinched the lower part of my septum (if that makes sense? The opposite end to where it's pierced) you'll soon get the hang of it as others have said SSS will help it along, just be calm, patient and gentle
    Hi I'm Sam

Metal; 1mm nostril
    1.2mm- 3x L lobes, 1x R lobe, 2x R helix, septum, faux rook, faux snug, outer conch
    1.6mm- L conch, tongue, navel
    14mm lobes
    Stomach dermal
    Mods; Breast enlargement, lip fillers, semi-permanent eyebrows
    Ink; 70 hours in total
    Retired: Lots 😣