Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freshly pierced nipple advice wanted (Pictures included)

Smile Freshly pierced nipple advice wanted (Pictures included)

This picture (with the cute face and sparkles etc) was taken on the day that I got the piercing, swelling was absolutely minimal for some reason and wasn't that sore or tender.
    It's a different story now (see below).

I had my right nipple pierced yesterday.
    I used to have both of my nipples pierced but healed and retired them, then decided I wanted one re pierced again.

My question for you all is (because I can't remember the healing process last time I have my nipples pierced), is the swelling here normal? and what do you think of the placement? It's slightly off in my opinion. I don't know if the picture allow you to see but one hole is located directly under the nipple itself and the other is located slightly wider of the nipple, more on the areola... is this ok? Will it heal properly like this?
    I spoke to the lovely lady that pierced me and she said it could be due to the swelling or the old scar tissue and that I should give in a few weeks and then I should go back to her and she'll check everything after swelling has subsided.

Other than that I'm totally in love with my nipple piercing and I can't for love nor money stop looking at it!

The swelling is normal, the placement does look a little odd, like you say it goes in one side of the nipple and out near the areola which shouldn't be pierced at all but it could be your anatomy, sometimes when not erect a nipple can look smaller and that area not be part of the nipple if that makes any sense at all.

Deffo go back to her in a couple of weeks and see what she thinks. Also were you pierced in the UK?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I would agree, the placement does look a little off, but I may be wrong. Nipples swell quite a bit (in my experience) so I wouldn't be worried about that. =) Looks lovely though! I couldn't stop looking when I had mine pierced either! Happy healing. ^_^
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    The swelling is normal, the placement does look a little odd, like you say it goes in one side of the nipple and out near the areola which shouldn't be pierced at all but it could be your anatomy, sometimes when not erect a nipple can look smaller and that area not be part of the nipple if that makes any sense at all.

Deffo go back to her in a couple of weeks and see what she thinks. Also were you pierced in the UK?
    Hey there! Ta for your reply!
    That makes sense as it's not really very noticeable when my nipples erect.
    Yes, I'm in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by CassiaJoyGrace View Post
    Yes, I'm in the UK
    I'm concerned that your piercer is using steel then as it's against EU regulations :/ are you sure it's not titanium?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I guess what I'm most worried about is if it will greatly effect the healing process? and if it's low enough on one side to possibly cause a major problem like mastitis?
    Last edited by CassiaJoyGrace; 07-24-2014 at 05:49 PM.

I'm concerned that your piercer is using steel then as it's against EU regulations :/ are you sure it's not titanium?
    Tbh I just assumed it was SS :/ Oops... I didn't even know SS was unsuitable for healing piercings.

Just asked her (I have her on Facebook), it's Titanium lololol!

Tbh I just assumed it was SS :/ Oops... I didn't even know SS was unsuitable for healing piercings.

Just asked her, it's Titanium lololol!
    Yay! Good to know

Yeah steel isn't suitable as many people have or develop reactions to nickel.

I guess what I'm most worried about is if it will greatly effect the healing process? and it's it's low enough on one side to possibly cause a major problem like mastitis?
    It shouldn't do but I'd deffo get it assessed by her once the swelling has gone down, mastitis is rare in connection with piercings and I don't think that slight wonk would make the risk factor climb by any significant amount.

If you really are worried, I'd possibly get another piercer to have a look at it, preferably in person.
    Last edited by Boo; 07-24-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Yay! Good to know

Yeah steel isn't suitable as many people have or develop reactions to nickel.

It shouldn't do but I'd deffo get it assessed by her once the swelling has gone down, mastitis is rare in connection with piercings and I don't think that slight wonk would make the risk factor climb by any significant amount.

If you really are worried, I'd possibly get another piercer to have a look at it, preferably in person.
    I'm a worrier lol I will worry about everything but thanks for putting me a little bit more at ease about it :P
    I shall defo be going back to her so that she can check it over once this silly swelling has gone.

Nothing wrong with that, means you care! Do let us know how you get on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast