Thread: Nipple Piercing Aftercare

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Nipple Piercing Aftercare

Hey everyone!

I got my nipples pierced on Friday night and absolutely adore them!

A bit confused with the aftercare though. I feel like the amount of times I was told to wash with dial soap and to use sea salt (I got h2ocean spray to use while I'm at work) is a bit overkill.

He said dial 2-3 times a day and sea salt 3-6?! There's no way that could be right!

So.. What is proper after care to heal my pretty new nipple piercings? Also, I know it takes about a year to fully heal but how long should I clean for? And how many weeks/months should I wait before I can have some fun with them?

Thanks!

Don't use soap.

Sea salt soak twice a day and/or rinse in the shower. I tend to normally SSS for 1-2 weeks then just rinse. As for having fun just listen to your body, if it hurts, stop.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I was told sea salt soaks twice a day for two weeks then once a day for the remainder of healing after that (which I think he said was six weeks, which is bull). I did sea salt soaks sporadically as and when I had the time to for about a week, maybe a week and a half. Other than that I just left it alone, only rinsed in in the shower unless it was really playing up, in which case I'd do another sea salt soak (I still do on occasion; it's five months old now).

I'd recommend just rinsing in the shower and sea salt soaks as and when, but if you really want to keep a cleaning routine sea salt soaks no more than twice a day and probably ditch the soap completely.

As for having fun with them, that's your choice. Basically until you feel comfortable. With my first nipple piercing I think I was letting my boyfriend play with it after six-eight weeks. My current nipple piercing I'm only just letting him have a bit more than a light touch. So, no real answer for that one. =)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Welcome to the shinny nipple club, The only problem I had was getting the crusties off the bar fun and games tho.
    Hi, Call me Rob.

Current:
    Nothing.
    Retired: Hafada 3, Tounge, Nipple (Left), Surface (Right Wrist) & Navel x2, PA. Horizontal Nipples 2mm.
    Wish List: Vertical Nipples 2mm, Ampallang.
    Ink: Scorpion left shoulder & dream catcher left arm.

I Like Being Shiny

The sea salt soak twice daily should suffice but also I was told about using Emu oil on them which is one of the only oils you can safely use on healing piercings.
    I've just ordered myself a bottle from Ebay.
    Apparently it can really help the healing process and provides moisture to stop things drying up too much!

Quote Originally Posted by CassiaJoyGrace View Post
    The sea salt soak twice daily should suffice but also I was told about using Emu oil on them which is one of the only oils you can safely use on healing piercings.
    I've just ordered myself a bottle from Ebay.
    Apparently it can really help the healing process and provides moisture to stop things drying up too much!
    Emu oil is fab, I love it
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Emu oil is fab, I love it
    I've just gotten my nipple pierced (yesterday) and I'm so in love with it lol!
    I heard about Emu oil by coming across a post by Elayne Angel <3

Is emu oil okay for nipple piercings then? I figured it might be, but I wasn't sure. Wanting to put some on my nipple as it's kind of sore/irritated at the moment.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Quote Originally Posted by jesterxlady View Post
    Is emu oil okay for nipple piercings then? I figured it might be, but I wasn't sure. Wanting to put some on my nipple as it's kind of sore/irritated at the moment.
    It's ok for absolutely anything including genital and oral piercings.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    It's ok for absolutely anything including genital and oral piercings.
    Ah, that's brilliant. I had read that emu oil was good for mouth ulcers so assumed it was find for oral, but was unsure about nipples/genital. Thanks. ^_^
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos