Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your genitals, your piercings, your partners and the Internet.

Default Your genitals, your piercings, your partners and the Internet.

So I wondered about everyone's moral standpoint regarding showing off your jewellery. Obviously a lot of this forum is aimed at people showing off and discussing their experiences of body modification. Most of the time this is easy to do. You get a cool new piercing and want to show it off! But what about when your piercing is somewhere more private? Do you mind showing them to the world on the Internet? And if you have a partner, what is his/her opinion? Should the opinion even matter? After all, it's for the art, not a sexual thrill! What's your standpoint?
    Piercings:
    Lip x 1, Nipple x 2, Frenum x 8 (frenum / jacobs ladder), Apadravya x 1

Tattoos:
    Top right arm 'L' (Death Note tattoo), Upper chest Devil May Cry logo, Top of back 'Devils Never Cry'

Quote Originally Posted by kallosis View Post
    So I wondered about everyone's moral standpoint regarding showing off your jewellery. Obviously a lot of this forum is aimed at people showing off and discussing their experiences of body modification. Most of the time this is easy to do. You get a cool new piercing and want to show it off! But what about when your piercing is somewhere more private? Do you mind showing them to the world on the Internet? And if you have a partner, what is his/her opinion? Should the opinion even matter? After all, it's for the art, not a sexual thrill! What's your standpoint?
    I haven't shown mine off on here as I'm easily found online and it would take all of 10 seconds for someone I know (family member, my kid in a few years time etc) to find me on here, know who I am, see the pics and bam. Not the people I wanted to see.

If my presence on here was different then I have no issue with it. I worked in the Adult Entertainment industry for several years once as a performer/model and then moved into live operations management but that was anon work and specifically targeted to an audience with no trace to me as a person and any images. Not that I'm comparing the two but that I personally have no issue showing my bits but only in a way that doesn't link back to me in everyday life for the public to see.

I do feel a partners opinion should matter but it shouldn't be the defining factor of what they do but they may want to keep the above in mind. If you can be linked back would you be happy for your partners kid, mum etc to see your bits as well? You may not care but they might and it's something to take onboard.

Yes it's art but I can tell you now people can and do look at genital piercings to get off and they do see it as a sexual thrill and if they are linked to you then they have the face to fap to as well lol!

My boobs I have no issue with, they're even shown on Elayne Angels blog viewable to the public ^_^

If I wanted to show mine off on here I'd have a link and share it with trusted people who wanted to see it but I doubt I'd upload it to a public hosting site then on here. I would also have no problem showing it to close friends or family in person if they wanted to have a look as well.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    I haven't shown mine off on here as I'm easily found online and it would take all of 10 seconds for someone I know (family member, my kid in a few years time etc) to find me on here, know who I am, see the pics and bam. Not the people I wanted to see.

If my presence on here was different then I have no issue with it. I worked in the Adult Entertainment industry for several years once as a performer/model and then moved into live operations management but that was anon work and specifically targeted to an audience with no trace to me as a person and any images. Not that I'm comparing the two but that I personally have no issue showing my bits but only in a way that doesn't link back to me in everyday life for the public to see.
    Good to hear someone with a range of experience and views especially so varied as a professional standpoint. I suppose this is the main point here, whether you are going to receive and ramifications in later life from showing them off. I have images online of myself and my piercings which are not very easily found if you are looking for them, but easily recognisable when you do but I will come back to that later. If I were in a position which it would compromise my family or career I would likely have to reconsider them being so public.

I do feel a partners opinion should matter but it shouldn't be the defining factor of what they do but they may want to keep the above in mind. If you can be linked back would you be happy for your partners kid, mum etc to see your bits as well? You may not care but they might and it's something to take onboard.
    For me the opinion is the one thing which definitely matters. It is the one deciding factor in the matter and the one thing which could, for me, destroy trust. If I were asked to remove my images I would do so without question. It is a matter of trust and comfort. If my gf felt at all uncomfortable that my junk was online I would most definitely not betray that trust.

Yes it's art but I can tell you now people can and do look at genital piercings to get off and they do see it as a sexual thrill and if they are linked to you then they have the face to fap to as well lol!
    Playing devil's advocate here, and taking out the point of recognition, any male will be able to inform you of 14 year old them, who will be online, or looking through an innocent magazine, see someone attractive (in body or face) and be turned on. It doesn't necessarily have to be a genital piercing, so what would be the difference between that and showing off some lovely micro dermals on the neck line?

My boobs I have no issue with, they're even shown on Elayne Angels blog viewable to the public ^_^
    Taking in mind your previous comment about family/work recognition, would you allow your future children/parents/work colleagues see your nipple piercings? If it compromised your position in your job would you remove them immediately from being online or would you stand tall and defend yourself?

I'm not really asking for advice as my and my girlfriend are very open with our sexuality. I've happily had nude images of me and my gf as a screensaver on my phone so my friends can easily see them. And these images and more hardcore ones have been rather publically uploaded online for anyone to see. However these are done through an alias.
    So what about the idea of aliases, if someone's only issue is recognition, what about an alias account on forums or simply doing them only to forums which you are not already a member? Does this go against your own morals?
    Piercings:
    Lip x 1, Nipple x 2, Frenum x 8 (frenum / jacobs ladder), Apadravya x 1

Tattoos:
    Top right arm 'L' (Death Note tattoo), Upper chest Devil May Cry logo, Top of back 'Devils Never Cry'

Playing devil's advocate here, and taking out the point of recognition, any male will be able to inform you of 14 year old them, who will be online, or looking through an innocent magazine, see someone attractive (in body or face) and be turned on. It doesn't necessarily have to be a genital piercing, so what would be the difference between that and showing off some lovely micro dermals on the neck line?
    No difference at all, but for me personally I'd rather not enter into that scenario.

Taking in mind your previous comment about family/work recognition, would you allow your future children/parents/work colleagues see your nipple piercings? If it compromised your position in your job would you remove them immediately from being online or would you stand tall and defend yourself?
    My son saw my nipple piercings I even explained them to him (one was a cross and he wondered how it worked lol), I have on occasion wandered around the house topless and tbh I don't care if my son sees them. I've told him that the body is nothing to be ashamed about and that female boobs aren't primarily sex objects and even at 10 years old he understands that but also understands that society has told women that they're to be kept private and that's why a woman often covers them or sees them as private and he should respect that.

I've worked for myself for the past 10 years so it's hard to consider it from a job POV but if my bf's parents or a prospective boss had issues then that's up to them and no I wouldn't remove them from view. On Elaynes blog they aren't linked to me, she calls me H I think and no linkback to me is clearly shown anyway but even if it was if someone has issues with tits then they can GTFO.

So what about the idea of aliases, if someone's only issue is recognition, what about an alias account on forums or simply doing them only to forums which you are not already a member? Does this go against your own morals?
    Considering my past work (and past play) no not at all, some of my content work is possibly still out there as I didn't own the original license to it so no lol I can't say I have an issue with it
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I don't think I'd really want to put pictures on t'internet, purely because idk how they'd be traced back to me AND I've seen stuff like that be problematic to people. Like a photo they posted as a joke coming back to haunt them years later etc. Especially considering what I want to do with my life, every option I want to take massively discourages even the slightest possibility of you googling my name and having anything 'dodgy' coming up.

Though, IRL I've got absolutely no problem. I've shown my friends my VCH/nipples when they didn't believe I had them done. And I think if I was in a relationship I'd make it clear to that person that it's only skin and if someone's going to ask me to 'prove' I've got something, I'm going to show them. At least I can control who sees what IRL, which I cant do online.
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

My general view of all sorts of things, is your anonymity online will depend: depend on how famous you become are Belle de Jour was a classic case in point she became so very very famous that her anonymity became something many many people were interested in compromising, as for the rest of us? most of the world doesn't have the time and couldn't care less - unless we're up to to something sordid or illegal in which we deserve to be compromised - and body piercings don't count.
    Current piercings: Horizontal Nipples 2.4 mm, 4 mm, Tongue 10 mm, Navel rejected, o smiley/frenulum 1.6mm

I wouldn't care on sites like this because no one knows who I am. My piercer has pics of my VCH in her online portfolio, they're anonymous so it's all fine by me. I wouldn't go uploading pictures of it on things like Facebook though !

I've never shown anyone my piercing in person (apart from my ex and my current boyfriend), just because no ones asked and I'm not about to flash people lol
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

My boyfriend and I have a very much 'your life, your choices, I support you even if I don't agree with you' attitude, so if I wanted to post up pictures of genital piercings my boyfriend wouldn't even consider telling me that I couldn't (and, likewise, I probably wouldn't even think to ask his permission). However, I wouldn't want to make those sorts of images publicly available. I might show people in real life and I might PM/e-mail people who I trusted photos, but I wouldn't put them up for all and sundry to see.
    Last edited by Jester; 07-14-2014 at 08:16 PM.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

I agree with Jester and Toofwess, I personally wouldn't want my bits online for all to see if the source is traceable, I am more than happy to PM a picture to someone if I trust them and it will benefit them in some way. I have sent pics of HCHs to people that wanted to see because they wanted them too and I allowed the piercer who did them to have them for his portfolio, but other than that, my genitals are for my, if neccessary a doctor and a SO's eyes only.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

Pre-internet and pre-digital cameras, the only way to share something like this was in a polaroid, you certainly wouldn't go and collect your film from Boots if it had nudity...... You couldn't even copy that stuff. Now, I just cannot afford for stuff to come back to me as I absolutely would get the sack if the images were traceable so the internet is a tricky issue. I'd show someone in person if they asked but the location is also relevant; the last person that asked me to prove that I've an apadravya asked me in a nice, quiet pub, right by the window. My partner wouldn't object to me showing them, but again it would depend upon the person and the situation/location.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast