Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Naval piercing trying to reject?! HELP.

Default Naval piercing trying to reject?! HELP.

I have had my naval piercing about 7 months now. I absolutely love it. It doesn't hurt at all. For the last couple of months or so it's been very red and has a slight raised bump causing the bar to push to one side. The bar was extremely long so I had her change it today to a super short one which seems to fit much better. It's no longer knocking around or moving up and down. She said it looked to her like it was rejecting and said to try a shorter bar but if it doesn't look better soon to take it out and retire the piercing and consider getting it redone once it's healed again. I've looked online and it all seemed like it would have gotten worse if it was rejection by now but after a couple months it hasn't changed at all. I know there isn't any excuse for it but I have neglected it a bit. I've tried tea tree oil but all that did was dry it out. I've tried keeping up on sea salt soaks recently. I can upload pictures if that would help but I really need advice. I do NOT want to take it out. I think majority of the problem is that I do admit I sleep on it almost every night but I've been working really hard on stopping that. Please help me save it! I love it! I can't lose It and I don't feel like from what I've read that it's rejection but your the experts so I thought you all would be the best to ask.
    Current:
    1st, 2nd & 3rd Lobes
    Industrial Bar (R)
    Nostril (L)
    Tongue
    Horizontal Nipples (L&R)
    Rook (L)
    Conch (L)
    Navel
    Inverse Navel
    Retired:
    Navel
    Inverse Navel

Wish List:
    4th Lobes
    Septum
    Daith (R)
    Forward Helix (R)
    Midway (L)
    Tragus (L)
    Hip (Surface or Microdermals)
    VCH &/or HCH

If there's still a good amount of flesh between the ends of the bar then you're ok, if it's not moved any since she (piercer I assume??) looked at it then it may be ok.

Does it still have the bump?
    What's the bar made from?
    Can you post a pic?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Slight bump. Mostly just redness. No pain at all. Was initially pierced with a titanium bar. My piercer changed it for the first time today. She said the inside looks good. No pus. Usual crusties. It's not infected. I know a lot of it is my fault for neglecting it and sleeping on it.
    Current:
    1st, 2nd & 3rd Lobes
    Industrial Bar (R)
    Nostril (L)
    Tongue
    Horizontal Nipples (L&R)
    Rook (L)
    Conch (L)
    Navel
    Inverse Navel
    Retired:
    Navel
    Inverse Navel

Wish List:
    4th Lobes
    Septum
    Daith (R)
    Forward Helix (R)
    Midway (L)
    Tragus (L)
    VCH &/or HCH

It's just healing, keep an eye on it, rinse in the shower everyday, make sure the skin doesn't get smaller/thinner.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Everyone kept telling me when I wanted to get it pierced that even though I'm not a skinny girl I didn't have enough fat at the top. Just a lot of loose skin and it wouldn't heal right but I eventually found a woman that would do it and she was great. She just warned me that It would shrink down. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I love it and I don't want to lose it!
    Current:
    1st, 2nd & 3rd Lobes
    Industrial Bar (R)
    Nostril (L)
    Tongue
    Horizontal Nipples (L&R)
    Rook (L)
    Conch (L)
    Navel
    Inverse Navel
    Retired:
    Navel
    Inverse Navel

Wish List:
    4th Lobes
    Septum
    Daith (R)
    Forward Helix (R)
    Midway (L)
    Tragus (L)
    VCH &/or HCH

No problem, I hope it stays happy for you. It's a lovely piercing, one I would love but could probably never get in my lifetime

The skin on my naval piercing has gotten even shorter. What do I do? Is my only option taking it out? =(
    Current:
    1st, 2nd & 3rd Lobes
    Industrial Bar (R)
    Nostril (L)
    Tongue
    Horizontal Nipples (L&R)
    Rook (L)
    Conch (L)
    Navel
    Inverse Navel
    Retired:
    Navel
    Inverse Navel

Wish List:
    4th Lobes
    Septum
    Daith (R)
    Forward Helix (R)
    Midway (L)
    Tragus (L)
    VCH &/or HCH

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticfate View Post
    Is my only option taking it out? =(
    Yup.

Take it out now before that piece of skin just snaps. What a shame :(

That won't end prettily if you keep it in. I know it's gutting to admit a piercing is rejecting, but it's better to remove it now. My nipple piercing rejected and I refused to take it out, which resulted in it literally being torn out. The scarring is much more extensive than if I had just t
    taken it out (and took longer to heal for a repierce, too).
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

I took it out. It closed up in a couple of hours. I was astonished. I knew it would be quick but I didn't realize it would be that fast. She said I may be able to get it redone by the end of October or early November hopefully. I knew it wasn't looking good but I didn't want to let it go. At least I still have my inverse which I adore.
    Current:
    1st, 2nd & 3rd Lobes
    Industrial Bar (R)
    Nostril (L)
    Tongue
    Horizontal Nipples (L&R)
    Rook (L)
    Conch (L)
    Navel
    Inverse Navel
    Retired:
    Navel