Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dermal punch - septum

Default dermal punch - septum

Yo,

I'm looking at ordering a dermal punch to correct my septum piercing. My septum was done years ago but even after healed was painful, stang to touch etc. Also due to misshaped cartilage (busted nose few times) and mediocre piercer the piercing isn't straight enough for my liking.

So I've been having a think for a while as I liked the jewellery/look but not the discomfort. And my idea is to remove the entire piercing with a 3mm dermal punch. I'm comfortable doing the punch myself and understand doing it clean etc.

I'm happy to go to a pro if I can find one local (SW UK) but have more important things to spend money on! Lol

Also, can you even get 3mm punches?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Old Husky View Post
    Yo,

I'm looking at ordering a dermal punch to correct my septum piercing. My septum was done years ago but even after healed was painful, stang to touch etc. Also due to misshaped cartilage (busted nose few times) and mediocre piercer the piercing isn't straight enough for my liking.

So I've been having a think for a while as I liked the jewellery/look but not the discomfort. And my idea is to remove the entire piercing with a 3mm dermal punch. I'm comfortable doing the punch myself and understand doing it clean etc.

I'm happy to go to a pro if I can find one local (SW UK) but have more important things to spend money on! Lol

Also, can you even get 3mm punches?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Peace
    I think when you're talking about something like this, there's not much more important to spend your money on. Not when we're talking about your health and safety.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

You want to DERMAL PUNCH YOURSELF ?! That's insane. Yes you can get 3mm punches.
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

Other than hygiene what are the concerns regarding a diy dermal punch? Seems fairly straight forward to me.

Permanently f**king up your body.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

You've lost me.

Providing its done straight and clean, why is there an issue?

And should it be off and not straight I could just let the entire hole close up.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Husky View Post
    I could just let the entire hole close up.
    This in itself proves you have no idea what you're doing. You don't even know what a dermal punch does.

Go to a piercer, get them to assess you and pierce it at 3mm (if possible or at 2.4 and stretch 6 months after it's healed) if that's what you desire to be at.

We have a recommended piercers thread on the forum, pick one and go see them. I'd suggest one but my geography is bad and I could be way off.
    Last edited by Boo; 06-14-2014 at 04:47 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Seriously, just drop the idea of doing it yourself. Go see a professional piercer.
    Piercings (some retired) - Septum, nose, double eyebrow, left tragus, left nipple, lip, rook, left lobe and multiple cartalidge.
    - Tattoo of a fantasy style sword on my calf
    - Raven perched on pocket watch tattoo on my right arm
    - Evil skeletal jester on the other calf
    Here's to love, the sickness
    The great martyr of the soul
    Here's to life, the vice
    The great herald of misery

dpack_1

He's some advice from a professional that you'll completely ignore:

You cannot and will not be able to successfully punch your own septum, you cannot see either side of your nose, you cannot see inside your nose, you cannot see what angle you'll be approaching from nor exiting from.

If you do it too far back and hit the cartilage then you'll be left in excruciating pain for a very long time and end up with a high chance of infection from having cut into, and removed tissue surrounding cartilage (something that often happens when hacks try scalpelling lobes too high up and exposing the cartilage)

If you do it too far forward you'll not be able to wear any jewellery without having pressure applied to your nostrils and thus causing yourself even more pain.

You will 100% not get a straight angle with this and the larger the jewellery the more obvious this misalignment will show, so what you say you are bothered by with the straightness of your existing piercing will be even worse.

You cannot sterilise anything in your house unless you have a vacuum autoclave, trust me, you don't have one of these. You have no concept of 'clean' in this matter, it is not a case of holding something over a lighter or boiling it for a couple mins in some salty water.

Furthermore, you've no idea how punching works, the hole wont just 'close up' if you do it wrong, you are permanently removing that piece of tissue, the only way that would get fixed would be through stitching it closed, and that's assuming you dont remove any cartilage, if you do, then you're fucked.

If you can't afford 25 or so to get this done properly, then perhaps this just isn't for you. There is NOTHING simple about it.

^ Well said. I think that pretty much covers it.
    Piercings (some retired) - Septum, nose, double eyebrow, left tragus, left nipple, lip, rook, left lobe and multiple cartalidge.
    - Tattoo of a fantasy style sword on my calf
    - Raven perched on pocket watch tattoo on my right arm
    - Evil skeletal jester on the other calf
    Here's to love, the sickness
    The great martyr of the soul
    Here's to life, the vice
    The great herald of misery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast