Thread: Ring Size for Conch?

Default Ring Size for Conch?

So I was wondering how on earth I measure my ear to work out what size I'd need to wear a ring in my conch with a snug fit? I know I still can't change the jewellery for several months yet, but it still struck my that I have no idea what sort of size I even ought to be considering. I know a lot of people have conch piercings so figured someone should be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
    Jx
    Last edited by Jester; 05-19-2014 at 02:20 PM.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

When I first changed mine to a ring I miscalculated and ordered a 14mm diameter one which was too big. I wear a 12mm now which hangs down a little bit. I think a 10mm would be slightly too small for me. You're basically measuring from the hole to the outside edge of your ear but remember its internal diameter which is stated on ring size so you'd take a couple of mm off the distance you measure! Plus I wear a segment ring so no ball, if I wore a bcr a 12mm would be a bit more snug than it is. Hope that helps!
    I'm Lucy, nice to meet you!

Have:
    Piercings: Tongue, right conch, left daith, 1st and 2nd lobes (14g), central low labret
    Tattoo: Inner forearm abstract geometric
    Want:
    Second conch in right ear
    Tattoo by Noon
    Retired Nostril, helix, auricle

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn’t an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn’t an afterlife"

Ah, that's brilliant! Thanks you so much! =) I wouldn't have thought 12mm would have been big enough (I mean, it may not for me), so I'd have probably thought of going for a bigger size diameter as well. This is really helpful! ^_^
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

If you have any extra rings/half rings or anything curved or curvable at home, I'd try putting it next to your ear. Or just putting it on the side of it really. That's how I did it, and I have a 10mm in. But it of course depends on your anatomy, so pretty much just trying out I guess. And even though a size might fit, it might not be comfortable: )