Thread: 7 month old lip piercing

Default 7 month old lip piercing

I got my lip pierced in October and now its red and dry, and sometimes sore. I did have a photo of it but I cant attach it because I don't know how. Anyone got any ideas what might have caused it or how I can stop it from being so red? I'm just worried because I have a job interview this week and its so obvious that its pierced as its so red. How long can I keep it out for without it healing up because im just scared incase it heals up while its out for my job interview.

What jewellery do you have in it?
    What is the jewellery made from?

You can post a pic by uploading it to a hosting site like imgur and posting the URL here, miss off the www/http if it won't let you post a link.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hopefully the photo worked, and ive got in the stud I got it pierced with so not sure what its made of.
    Last edited by Kaitey (:; 05-18-2014 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Fixing photo :)

Theres a picture of what ive got in

Irritation can be caused by:

jewellery that's too long or short
    jewellery made from poor quality material like steel
    jewellery being removed/replaced often

If you want it to look "invisible" for your interview it's not likely to happen, best you could do is wear a clear retainer and put some make up around the area to make it look less red.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Possibly an allergic reaction? If it's steel, you could be reacting to the nickel content. Try switching to plain titanium or bioplast.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    Possibly an allergic reaction? If it's steel, you could be reacting to the nickel content. Try switching to plain titanium or bioplast.
    This. The bar looks too long which will be annoying it, if you want to make it discrete for your interview get a nice little ball or gem with proper flush jewellery. (Unless you need it to be invisible, get a clear retainer)

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Even a clear retainer you will still see redness which will draw attention to the piercing. That jewellery looks far to long, if it's 7 months old and still looks like that, then I'd have a think about why it isn't more healed yet. Something's bugging it, my bet would be poor jewellery, both quality and length.
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike