Thread: Really Bad Nose Piercing Bump!!

Default Really Bad Nose Piercing Bump!!

So about 2 months ago I got my nose pierced
    It was all good for about 3 weeks and then I guess I got really lazy with the cleaning. .

WORST MISTAKE EVER! They really dont joke about how it takes 6-8 weeks to heal and they get infected fairly quick...

So I have this bump that is the same size as the ball of my piercing and it freaks me out

1. What is it?
    And
    2. How do I get rid of it?

I really don't want to take it out :(

Here's a picture:

http://tinypic.com/r/144a3rn/8

It just looks irritated to me! Could be a granuloma or hypertrophic scarring. One of the more experienced people will be able to say more. No need to take it out, just baby it like it's new and it'll be fine.
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

Hold off on how you treat it until someone can tell you what they think it is.

I've quoted a reply of Hazel's from another thread that I read yesterday with regards to what kind of bump wants what kind of treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    If it's like a red fleshy bleeding bump then it's likely to be a granuloma, these likes to be dried out and can take a while to settle.

If it's a skin coloured bump then it's likely to be hypertrophic scarring, these either like to be left alone or can be babied with soaks, compresses etc
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Nostril piercings take a lot longer than 6-8 weeks to heal, and I doubt it was infected. That looks like a granuloma which needs to be dried out to get rid of it, stick to just finding in the shower and don't out anything on it and it should go in its own time.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

6-8 weeks to heal, hah ! More like 6-8 months. Leave it alone, your body will fix it :P
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

Not sure if it's a granuloma they're often red fleshy looking and bleedy a bit like raw meat.

How was the piercing done? Gun or needle?
    how did you look after it?
    whats the jewellery made from?

have you tried all suggestions in the bump thread?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

This has happened to me to, first a huge scab appeared, I accidentally knocked it off and underneath was a huge squishy lump :( I'm just trying to leave it alone and hope it goes away

Hi! I had his exact problem. Tea tree oil will be your best friend. While you still need to clean it regularly, just one time applying tea tree oil to the bump will drastically shrink it. Apply it daily until it goes away completely. The bump might come back, as it's caused from irritation and nose piercing are prone to getting caught on things and bumped. Tea tree oil will always get rid of it!

Old thread, closed.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<