Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plugs that stay in!!??

Default Plugs that stay in!!??

Hi my name is Richie and I have 5/8 plugs in both lobes ATM and I go to punk shows often and I tend to come home without my plugs so I was wondering if there are any that have abnormally large flares (preferably threaded) to keep them in? What are they called and where is the best place to purchase them? Thanks guys and girls in advance for any assistance

Look at stone on bodyartforms.com or get some custom glass made by Bill at FrozenFire on Etsy.

As for threaded I'm not sure - have you looked anywhere?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Have you tried silicone eyelets? I've never managed to lose one.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    Have you tried silicone eyelets? I've never managed to lose one.
    This, my brain is slow today haha!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Wow, thanks for all the quick replies! I've looked around online / in shops and I've noticed that the stone plugs tend to have larger flares than the glass or steel but,that's not exactly what I'm looking for the reason I'm asking about threaded is because I want something that cannot be put in or taken out by simply pushing them over the flares like normal plugs. I haven't seen any like that so I'm curious as to if there are any that even exist that are readily available to the average consumer rather than having them custom made. Thanks again everyone!

Yes there are many screw-on plugs & tunnels around, where are you looking?

Basic steel ones here https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/on...el_3385257.cfm

Try the shop on this site, crazyfactory, pierced & modified, fleshtunnel, bodyartforms, steelnavel ... etc etc.
    Last edited by kitebunny; 04-17-2014 at 08:52 PM.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    Yes there are many screw-on plugs & tunnels around, where are you looking?
    I want something that cannot be put in or taken out by simply pushing them over the flares like normal plugs.

Yes I got that, I meant where have you looked so far but not found them?

Actually since it's for concerts I'd recommend silicone earskins/tunnels
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Ooh sorry I misread haha, I've looked around at different mall kiosks, tattoo/piercing parlors, scrolled through a bunch of online retailers and I've only seen the ones with one larger flare on the front and a smaller one on the back so they can be removed ya know? never seen anything like what I'm talking about. Am I describing it weird? In my head it's perfect haha but it seems like it's difficult for others to grasp The concept. I'm also not very into the silicone plugs to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mk1 View Post
    You could get a hollow one for those events and put a ring in it, that way if it falls you will feel it hanging (one would hope).
    Genious !!! Never even thought of that, it would totally work too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast