Thread: Cheek piercing bump?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cheek piercing bump?

Hello, I'm new here but I really need some help. I have read the bump thread, but I am confused as to what sort of bump this may be.
    I've had my cheeks pierced for a little under two months now, and a bump has developed over a two week period on my right hand piercing. I've been doing sea salt and chamomile soaks, but I'm not sure if it's time to get on a course of antibiotics - the bump is hard but when pushed down, white fluid comes out. I'm really worried about this, as I love my dimple piercings and I am very worried that if I do have to take them out, they will scar terribly. Of course, taking them out would only be a last option and only if it is completely necessary.

I am not sure what the bump is - whether it's a fluid pocket, a trapped salivary gland (god forbid), or just HP scarring. It's terribly swollen and bumpy on the inside of my mouth too, and the hardness spreads around the right side of the piercing - there almost seems to be a circular ball of hardness around the piercing. All I know is that it is not going away. Here is a photo of it, and an added link if that does not work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sd15cjqt3t...11113329-1.jpg

Does anybody know what it is, and how I can get rid of it? My other side is healing quite nicely. I'd like to know if something like this ever will go away, otherwise I may aswell just retire them (so shortlived but hey ho).

Thanks for any input!
    Last edited by Cheshire; 04-11-2014 at 03:35 PM.
    Current: Angel bites, central labret, two cheek piercings, dermal in sternum, 2x stretched ears (18mm / 14mm), nostril
    Retired: Anti-eyebrow surface bar