Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Jester's Faux Snug

They look really nice! Seems like something I'd be interested in.

Sorry for not keeping this updated! There hasn't been a great deal to discuss.

Two weeks ago I had my conch downsized to 8mm and had both changed from titanium to black PVD coated titanium. My conch has responded really well; all bumps have disappeared. Still a little sore if I press the back of my ear, near where it attaches to my head. The helix, however, is getting worse. It is really very painful to the touch; I have to be extremely careful when I brush my hair, because if hair is caught around the barbell it hurts. There's a bump on the front that swells, then bleeds and shrivels before swelling again. There is s big bump on the back (the source of the pain) that bleeds. I can't see what it's like very easily but it is huge and sore.

Emu oil doesn't seem to help my cartilage piercings (but has been fantastic on other piercings) so, as I was at the doctor's anyway, I asked their opinion. She agreed that fucidin would help, but said she didn't think I needed the steroids. Anyway, I've been putting that on since last night. Can only hope this sorts it. I would normally leave it be, but it is really painful, so I want it gone.

We shall see!
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Been a while! Figured it was due an update.

Apparently I got some fucidin cream; you know, I atually don't even recall that! So that shows how much use on my bumps it must have been! So, had bumps on both the front and back; I eventually resorted to a combination of LITHA and 'my life is far too busy to be worrying about piercings'. And...They just sort of went away. Even though the Emu Oil seemed to do more harm than good, after I felt the were healed sufficiently to be massaged a bit, I went back to using it (I was using it daily on my nipple), which helped reduce the last bit of bump and means there's only minimal scarring.

My helix has definitely healed at an angle and I think the conch has migrated a tad. However, although it doesn't look as it did when pierced, the effect is still the same so I'm not really complaining.

I've only recently just changed from the 8mm bars despite needing to have downsized them since about October/November time. Certainly before Christmas (although at the time they only needed around 2mm shaving off, whereas more recently they've needed much more than that!) However, life kept getting in the way and ultimately I just kept forgetting to do it, which is terrible practice, I know. Everything was fine, but recently I've had trouble sleeping on that side again; this was when I realised I had to do something about the length, as they were pulling and just generally looked a bit daft and ruined the effect.

So now I have two 5mm steel labrets in. I could actually get away with 4mm, so when I upgrade to titanium, I'll downsize as well. It's just steel was all I could get in town and they're healed enough now for it to not really be a problem (unless I develop a reaction, of course). It was cheaper and quicker to get jewellery locally; when I can afford it, I'll look at getting 4mm titanium barbells.

I've not worn labrets before! I was worried that the angle of my helix might cause the labret back to dig in or catch as it wouldn't sit flush. However, I can't feel them! I don't catch them, I've got no pain, it's great! Not that I'm necessarily won over by labrets; in my opinion they are no more, or less, comfortable than barbells, although I find barbells easier to put in (I can insert them backwards so the screw part in on the back of my ear, which I find easier to access than my conch). Still, I has increased the potential jewellery pool! Also found out they sell seamless segment rings in town, so at some point I'll probably pop in and buy a few sizes to try in my conch.

Despite the incredibly painful and persistent bumps (this latest helix is probably the most infuriating ear piercing I have ever had; no more helices for me!), they've healed really well and, for some time now, have been uneventful. I'd say it was pretty much settled and happy before Christmas time, so it didn't take as long as I had anticipated. I'm really pleased with how it looks and definitely think this was a much better choice than an actual snug. All in all, a joyous Jester. ^_^

And here it is, all fully healed and settled!

Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Love it!!L
    Current piercings-

Right ear-
    Tragus
    Lobe x3
    industrial

Left ear-
    Conch
    Lobe x3

Nostril

Retired-
    Helix
    Forward helix
    Septum
    Rook
    Navel

3 tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
    Love it!!L

Thank you. ^_^ It turned out so much better than I expected when I first had it done.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Ooo i love this! Been wanting my snug done too but have been so worried about the healing of it as ive only ever read bad things about them i think apart from one post.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345