Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jester's Faux Snug

I got the helix jewellery changed today. Only down from 9mm to 8mm. Would rather have it shorter but my piercer seemed to think that's the size I needed. Conch is still swollen, so she didn't downsize that (I have now developed a bump on the front) and it has apparently been bleeding from the back. Helix is mostly okay though. I was told to do hot compresses twice a day to combat the bumps, which I'll start doing. However, I am camping as of Friday for two weeks solid, so we'll see. Was told to come in after a couple of weeks for another downsize if necessary and to generally check on the piercings/bumps.

All good really.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Aw, hope it improves soon :(
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

Sounds like it's all doing well, glad you were able to downsize the bar a little, my conch has a slight volcano style bump on the front too, hot compresses have been helping a bit so they're worth a try, hope your camping trip doesn't hinder healing for you though.
    Hi I'm Helen...
    Current: Tongue 14g, Septum 14g, Lobes 14g, Faux Snug(R)(helix 14g & conch 14g), Daith 16g(L), High Lobe 14g(L & R), Double Helix 14g(L)
    Retired: 2nd Lobes, Tragus(R), Nostril, Lip, Nipples (L & R), Navel, Wrist MD(R)
    Want: Tragus(R), Forward Helix(R)
    Tattoos: 2 - Cover up (faded badly done heart) 3 Big red roses with green leaves, 2 butterflies and a ladybird, 13hr clock with filigree frame and dotwork face, 1 terrible japanese?! symbol - to be covered up soon I hope!

Been doing camomile compresses as and when I remembered over te last week. My parents report that it has sorted out the conch piercing fantastically (but I've not had chance to look myself, really). Not so much for the helix, which still has a whopping great bump on the back and a small, reddish one just underneath it on the front. Annoyingly, the bumps are pushing it into a diagonal, rather than a straight, piercing, which is changing the aesthetic somewhat. I think that fact I've been having to wear a headwrap (Tudor re-enacting and pink hair isn't really authentic!) and, because I've needed to cover my ears enough so you can't see my piercings, but little enough that I can still hear, it's been pressing directly on my newest helix piercing. I mean, it made my six year old helix piercing on the other ear swell up like a balloon too, so, eh. Hopefully now I'm not re-enacting it will settle. Will continue to do the camomile compresses and endevour to get some emu oil (or other oil) when I return from camping.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

As I mentioned before the camomile compresses were sort of helping. They weren't doing any harm, that's for sure, but I developed a bump on the inside of my conch (which is an area I find difficult to soak or compress) and the bump making my helix wonky hasn't shifted. So I decided to try out some Emu Oil as a few people on here rave about it. Only ordered it yesterday and it's already arrived! Applied it to both the entry and exit holes of both piercings. Felt bad for doing it, as I felt like I.was fiddling with the jewellery, which is always such a mistake! But, hey, we'll see. The conch barbell also desperately needs downsizing. I might go in next week to see if they'll do that (the helix barbell is fairly snug at the moment, but I suspect will be s little loose when properly healed. Ah, I want to switch to labrets when they're healed anyway, so it doesn't really matter.)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

This looks frickin awesome!!

Thank you. ^_^ I'm really pleased with it.

Ear is a little sore from having messed around with it earlier (putting on the emu oil), but hey ho. It's usually quite sore at the moment anyway. Might start clipping my hair away from it again, see if that helps. Going to oil it up again before bed, too. I don't think my ear absorbed that much earlier, as five hours after application it was still slick. Maybe I applied too much earlier. We shall see!
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

How's the emu oil working out? Has it helped the bump go down any?
    Hi I'm Helen...
    Current: Tongue 14g, Septum 14g, Lobes 14g, Faux Snug(R)(helix 14g & conch 14g), Daith 16g(L), High Lobe 14g(L & R), Double Helix 14g(L)
    Retired: 2nd Lobes, Tragus(R), Nostril, Lip, Nipples (L & R), Navel, Wrist MD(R)
    Want: Tragus(R), Forward Helix(R)
    Tattoos: 2 - Cover up (faded badly done heart) 3 Big red roses with green leaves, 2 butterflies and a ladybird, 13hr clock with filigree frame and dotwork face, 1 terrible japanese?! symbol - to be covered up soon I hope!

It's really odd. There was a bit of a bump on the back of my conch, which has now gone completely. The bump on the back of my helix was huge and is now tiny, flesh coloured and less painful. However, the tiny, purple-ish bump on the front of my helix is now the same size as the bead on the end of the barbell (3mm, I think?) and fluid filled. Whenever I massage my ears it bleeds and deflates. The bump on the front of my conch has also got bigger (but I think that the jewellery length is what is causing the issue there). So I'm really not sure. =/ I'm going to keep doing it for a week, see if it improves the inner bumps at all before I really decide whether it works or not for me.

I'll see if I have any before and after (a week of emu oil) photos if you like?
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

I've been considering a snug hit this has made me think now, hmm...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast