Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jester's Faux Snug

How are you getting on with cleaning your faux snug?
    I had a faux snug pierced Saturday (13/4/14) so far I have only done 2 sea salt compress/soaks with sopping cotton balls with a towel wrapped round my shoulders the rest of the time I just rinse in the shower leave to air dry.

I'm sticking mostly to shower rinses now and notging else. It bled a lot last Monday so my ear was a bit of an icky red-brown mess. Used a cotton bud dipped in saline to clean up my ear (to make it presentable as much as anything) and then showered.

Other updates; conch has completely settked down with minimal soreness until I forget about it and itch my ear, pulling the bar through. Owch. Helix is being a pain. Can't even move my hair without it hurting some days. Mind you, I think having spent the weekend with my lovely but piercing unaware boyfriend hasn't helped. Had to take more ibuprofen last night but it has settled down again now.

The travel pillow worked a treat, although ive only been able to use it once as I had some more tattoo work done to my right ribs on Monday and haven't been able to sleep on that side.

Mostly, my faux snug is uneventful. This isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Helix piercings are the worst things ever >.>"
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

Helix piercings are a real pain as they are on the very edge of the ear, I hope it settles soon, before long it will behave
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

That's really strange my helix has been absolutely perfect no trouble even when I've knocked it slightly but my conch has gone very crusty and has peeling skin in a circle round it for the last 3 or 4 days! I've also found that by pushing the conch piercing all the way forward (after a good cleaning obviously) I dont catch it at all when putting my hair behind my ear, moving glasses etc, looks a little strange but saves me pain.
    Hi I'm Helen...
    Current: Tongue 14g, Septum 14g, Lobes 14g, Faux Snug(R)(helix 14g & conch 14g), Daith 16g(L), High Lobe 14g(L & R), Double Helix 14g(L)
    Retired: 2nd Lobes, Tragus(R), Nostril, Lip, Nipples (L & R), Navel, Wrist MD(R)
    Want: Tragus(R), Forward Helix(R)
    Tattoos: 2 - Cover up (faded badly done heart) 3 Big red roses with green leaves, 2 butterflies and a ladybird, 13hr clock with filigree frame and dotwork face, 1 terrible japanese?! symbol - to be covered up soon I hope!

I've decided that helix piercings are just sneaky littke buggers, as they don't hurt at all being pierced but catch on everything! Although at two abd a half weeks it seems to have calmed down significantly. Still sore if I accidentally poke it, but it isn't throbbing like it used to. The bar is definitely too long though; I can see it as much as feel it. I might see if I can get it downsized tomorrow when I go in for jewellery change for my nipple.

Hellucy, I only really catch my conch if I'm scratching my ear and forget that that is a no go area! Pushing it forward doesn't work for me anyway as it catches on my rook barbell (it's probably too lon, hence the catching, but it is beautiful and one of my favourite pieces of jewellery. Besides, I think trying to change my rook would just bump and irritate the faux snug and probably wouldn't be worth it.)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Piercing has been mostly uneventful. It was still throbbing during the day for a little bit after by last post and catching my helix would make it ache for a good ten minutes or so. Since then, catching either the conch or the helix results in a sharp pain that lasts for seconds (to be expected, really). Still a little sore to the touch, so I generally avoid doing so. Also, my travel pillow is amazing.

Decided to give them a good clean in the shower today. My boyfriend said the conch piercing was covered in uck, so I softened it with hot shower water and picked it off (it was crusties on the bar, not the piercing anyway). The crusties had been preventing me sliding the conch barbell back so the ball was flush on the front of my ear. Load of dry skin just above my helix, but I think it's just that, not rejection or anything. Anything I can do to stop it? Is E45 okay, as long as I avoid the piercing itself?

Anyway, after I cleaned my conch I got my boyfriend to check the back. He said there were crusties there too, so I did the same and picked them off (I know, I know) but as I did I felt a little bump. Boyfriend said he couldn't see a lump but after ten minutes with a camera (and taking many out of focus shots where my ear isn't even in the image) I manage to get a look at the back of my ear. Definitely a bump forming, but it looks more like hypertrophic scarring than a granuloma. It isn't painful (well, I don't know, the piercing is still painful to poke, so it's probably just the fact it's only a month old than the bump) and is only very small and, given that it's on the back of my ear, isn't too obvious or unsightly looking. I suspect it's because the barbell is way too long now, but I'm getting it changed in... Two, three weeks? It could have done with having it (and the helix barbell) changed much, much sooner but I don't particularly want to give any more money to the piercers in my university town and I'd rather have it done by a professional with sterile jewellery than do it myself, end up irritating the piercing and likely end up ordering the wrong size jewellery. So, eh.

Guess I'll keep an eye on it. Like I said, it's not causing me any issues (yet), but I do have a bump. Hopefully new jewellery will change that.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Woke up the day before yesterday to find my conch covered in blood. Cleaned it up in the shower and got my boyfriend to photograph the back of my ear. Conch lump had vanished, but the helix had a big one. Today they've apparently both got small bumps. I'll check with the camera later, but it's a bit odd.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

The bumps going up and down will be because of the long bars moving. If they're on the back of your ear just pretend they don't exist
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

I thought it would be jewellery related! I had a similar issue with me helices on my left ear (but being young and inexperienced I left the jewellery in for a year because I thought it was an infection or something worse!). I'm keeping an eye on them to make sure they don't develop into anything else, but otherwise I'm ignoring them. =P I am looking forward to the jewellery change though.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos