Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jester's Faux Snug

It looks fantastic! I don't have the anatomy for either a snug or faux snug unfortunately but I will happily settle for another left conch later on in the year
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

Thank you! I'm really very pleased with it. ^_^ How is your conch? I seem to recall that it isn't that old?

Update on my piercings; the helix is hardly swollen and barely hurts. I can scratch the side of my ear and cause it no aggro. Conch was super swollen yesterday, particularly last night. Looked fine from the front (just a bit 'fat') but was apparently obviously bruised and scabby at the back. Brushing my hair (it's bust length) was a seriously delicate operation so I cancelled my hair appointment.

Did a SSS yesterday. That was messy. Don't even know if I got it on the back and rinsing it was really awkward (head lent over the sinkpouring a jug of filtered water over my ear!). It was too tender to dry with tissue/cotton wool afterwards, so I had a sopping ear/hair for half an hour.

Any tips on how to soak it more efficiently? Thanks!
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

If you are finding soaking awkward, don't! Rinse with warm water in the shower and leave it alone

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

I normally like to SSS new piercings every day for two weeks and then on a 'as and when' basis after that. But given awkward conch, I may stick to rinses in the shower (worked for my rook!). Would it be okay to dry it with a (low heat/cold) hairdryer? Just I cannot dry the back of my ear with tissue. Too sore and the bars are big and catch. =(
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Quote Originally Posted by jesterxlady View Post
    I normally like to SSS new piercings every day for two weeks and then on a 'as and when' basis after that. But given awkward conch, I may stick to rinses in the shower (worked for my rook!). Would it be okay to dry it with a (low heat/cold) hairdryer? Just I cannot dry the back of my ear with tissue. Too sore and the bars are big and catch. =(
    Why not just let it air dry?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I thought leaving it soaking wet could encourage bacteria to grow? I know that a little moistness can be a good thing but too much could cause issues? Normally I pat dry and let them air from there, so they're not properly wet, but my ear hurts too much to pat the back dry.

Also, damp hair against it? Or does that not matter either? (It's been so long since I had an ear piercing...)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

I thought leaving it soaking wet could encourage bacteria to grow? I know that a little moistness can be a good thing but too much could cause issues? Normally I pat dry and let them air from there, so they're not properly wet, but my ear hurts too much to pat the back dry.

Also, damp hair against it? Or does that not matter either? (It's been so long since I had an ear piercing...)
    I pin my hair out the way and let them air dry...been fine for all 20 or so of my ear piercings.

Using a dryer on a cool setting is ok if you wanted to do it.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Well that makes cleaning significantly easier. Thanks for the advice. =)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

My left conch was pierced mid January and my right conch about a month ago. I changed over some ends on my navel piercing so I chatted about future piercings with her then. I will most likely wait until late in the year for the second conch on the left ear (there is room) or wait until early next year! Both have settled down nicely but I see my hairdresser on the 24th and getting my hair dyed so I will be taping them at the back. They are careful and I am extra careful!!!

Soaking is pretty tricky so i usually just let the shower blast it (helix and conch) and then drip saline with cotton bud if it needs it or use a spray bottle. I keep my hair up in the early stages of a piercing usually (to dry and stops tangles) and it has worked well as its autumn here. I am very careful washing my medium length curly hair.

Thank you! I'm really very pleased with it. ^_^ How is your conch? I seem to recall that it isn't that old?

Update on my piercings; the helix is hardly swollen and barely hurts. I can scratch the side of my ear and cause it no aggro. Conch was super swollen yesterday, particularly last night. Looked fine from the front (just a bit 'fat') but was apparently obviously bruised and scabby at the back. Brushing my hair (it's bust length) was a seriously delicate operation so I cancelled my hair appointment.

Did a SSS yesterday. That was messy. Don't even know if I got it on the back and rinsing it was really awkward (head lent over the sinkpouring a jug of filtered water over my ear!). It was too tender to dry with tissue/cotton wool afterwards, so I had a sopping ear/hair for half an hour.

Any tips on how to soak it more efficiently? Thanks!
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

Oooh, taping is an idea. Reminds me of secondary school and P.E.! =P I have my hair appointment booked for Wednesday. I do like the double conch look though.

I've give up on SSSing. Just rinsing in the shower and wearing my hair in a top knot of sorts to keep it off my ear. Much more comfortable. Swelling is down too; ear has 'shape' again, although my helix has been bleeding. To be expected really.

Mum made me a travel pillow today so I can sleep on my right side without knocking my ear! ^_^ Will let you know if it works.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos