Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Number 15! (Pics)

Default Number 15! (Pics)

Got my 15th hole yesterday (14 of which remain) and I want to share it with you lovely people because so many on here have helped me with my last piercings. A year ago I had only 5 (1 retired) and now I have 14! That's almost triple. This was the tongue. I went back and forth on this one for awhile. I wasn't worried about the pain, just worried about how the healing would go because of work. Plus the tongue isn't one that I'm all excited about. If I could do whatever I want I'd fix my snakebites but I can't :( SO! TONGUE IT IS!

I'd always heard this was one of the least painful piercings, however I'd heard the same about the navel and I think that hurt about as bad as the second nipple did, so certainly not one of my lesser pains. And I'll say, the tongue hurt pretty good.

So here's the story.

My mom and I took a day trip yesterday and at some point I said, "So... been thinking about doing the tongue." She rolled her eyes and said, "Don't you think you've got enough healing right now?" I told her, "Everything else is going fine. It's just an idea. Was thinking of going with a friend next week is all." She responsed, "That's the one thing I asked you not to do." "No, you said don't split your tongue. :P"

Well we had a great day together and ended up near where my piercing/tattoo place (Ageless Art in Clarksville, IN) is. I made a joke about it, she didn't seem to care either way. So we just sort of ended up there. Originally she said there was no way she was watching, "But my friend what's to see, you gotta take pics."

My mother is awesome.

It's funny that when I walk in, the piercer just says, "So what are we doing this time?" There are actually two different guys there and they're both excellent.
    So after having a cigarette with my piercer we got down to it.

Here we are lining up. He said I was so tiny, I was the only person he's ever been about to put 7/8 in as a healer.
    Ok needle's through. He had a bit of a hard time screwing the ball on the jewelry afterward. But he got it in and I felt ok enough, until I sat up. Then things got spiny. Which is weird, I've only gotten dizzy twice with piercings. I was a little with the nipples and nearly blacked out from blood loss on my second lip piercing (the guy, obviously not these guys, did a horrible job and that's the one that's now closed.)
    So I sat back and relaxed for a moment. These guys are totally cool. They never make you feel rushed.
    I think my mother was enjoying the camera at this point.

I got over the lisp pretty fast actually, my guy was kinda amazed by it, though it is back a little today thanks to swelling.
    Here's about an hour after it's done. And here it is today.

What sucked is my friends decided to go out to the bar last night. It wasn't all that bad because I don't drink much anyway, but I brought myself some of my fancy organic root beer and the new bartender told me I couldn't have it OR my water container. :( I've had a few cigarettes and I'm sure to wash it afterward. It hurt bad this morning and about an hour ago, but now it's just fine again. My biggest concern was the way it was rubbing the bottom of my mouth, but I think it's ok now. Just gotta get used to it.
    So there we have it, number 15! That SHOULD be it for awhile. I'm wanting another tat that I'm designing, but I keep remaking it and it's getting pretty costly at this state. :/
    Last edited by kraftykrow; 03-27-2014 at 07:40 PM.
    The Works: Lobes x4, Helix x3, Tragus, Industrial, Septum, Snakebites, Navel, Both Nipples, Tongue.

Retired: Eyebrow x2.

Well done! I miss mine for the most part!

Mk1 they can usually angle it if the web is far forwards, depends though.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Awesome, well done. I have to say I barely felt the piercing but I was a real baby about the healing. Good luck, I hope your healing goes well.

MK1, my tongue is pierced at an angle because of my web.
    Hi, I'm Kerry.

Current - Lobes x3, left Daith heart, navel, wrist microdermal, septum, tongue web, tongue, VCH, both nipples
    Want - Tragus, industrial, rook, collarbone microdermals.
    Retired - 3rd set of lobes (tapered out of retirement), nose, smiley (sob)

Tattoos - 20 bits of ink
    Want -lots more pretty pictures on my skin please.

Mine is angled a little

So far healing has mostly be UGH! Most of the time the tongue is swollen and super sensitive. Especially when I wake up, it hurts so bad. I don't know if I bit the tip of my tongue the first night or what but the end of it is sore, might just be the nerves though. I'm on a liquid diet. Roommate made me wheat noodles last night and it took me 30 painful minutes to get them down, but I was just so tired of just drinking. I've also been sucking on ice which doesn't seem to help all that much. It's swollen most of the length of the bar so the top of my tongue is starting to get that indention and it's very annoying.

Strangely, smoking seems to help relieve some of the pain. I'm not a big smoker, usually only 4-6 a week, if that, but yesterday I had like 3 just because it seemed to help somehow. Of course immediately after I washed out my mouth.

Question: Is Tom's of Maine's Mouthwash ok to use? I'm about out of the bottle my piercer gave me. My friend also gave me Crest. Both are alcohol free of course.
    The Works: Lobes x4, Helix x3, Tragus, Industrial, Septum, Snakebites, Navel, Both Nipples, Tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mk1 View Post
    That gives me hope, I would be really disappointed if it wasn't an option. Other than basic tongue or venoms, I have no interest in any other mouth area piercings.
    Venoms would be fine, they're no where near your tongue web.

KK - any mouthwash is fine as long as it's alcohol free. Use it twice a day, no more.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

No more than twice a day? I thought I was suppose to use it after I eat and smoke. Using just water doesn't seem to get the crumbs/liquid/etc out. I know overdoing it can be bad though. Trust me, I'm not eating much at all.

Here it is today, obviously swollen but it's not hurting as bad as it was an hour ago.
    Last edited by kraftykrow; 03-28-2014 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kraftykrow View Post
    No more than twice a day? I thought I was suppose to use it after I eat and smoke. Using just water doesn't seem to get the crumbs out. I know overdoing it can be bad though. Trust me, I'm not eating much at all.

Here it is today, obviously swollen but it's not hurting as bad as it was an hour ago.
    Not eating much isn't good (compromises immune system and makes the mouth/tongue lazy so getting back to eating normally will be hard, if it's literally impossible then drink something like slimfast or protein shakes to get nutrients), avoid sticky stringy foods like noodles. Opt for soft food, keep up with cold drinks (avoid citrus), ice, ice cream, ice lollies. Mouthwash only twice a day, do it more and you're just going to make things worse. Rinse with water after food/drink/smoking, your mouth is full of bacteria that helps clean itself so don't worry.

Use ibuprofen if you can, ones that melt on the tongue are great. Elevate your head at night with an extra pillow as well.

Also I thought 7/8" or 22mm was pretty standard for a tongue bar? I had that as my initial, got down to 14mm or 9/16" after that. Could have gone smaller though I reckon ^_^
    Last edited by Boo; 03-28-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Ok, got ya. I know not eating isn't good, but I don't eat much anyway so it's a problem in itself. I'm a vegan so it's hard to find protein shakes but I got some Boosts (I figured I had to make a desperate exception after 16 hours of not being able to eat). I have some ibuprofen and I'm able to swallow them ok, it's just a humorous task for my roommate to watch, haha. I've tried eating other softer foods, but it's just too sensitive.
    Last edited by kraftykrow; 03-28-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kraftykrow View Post
    Ok, got ya. I know eating isn't good, but I don't eat much anyway so it's a problem in itself. I'm a vegan so it's hard to find protein shakes but I got some Boosts (I figured I had to make a desperate exception after 16 hours of not being able to eat). I have some ibuprofen and I'm able to swallow them ok, it's just a humorous task for my roommate to watch, haha. I've tried eating other softer foods, but it's just too sensitive.
    Sounds like you're doing all you can, the healing is really crappy, I hated it but it was over pretty quickly! Hope it settles for you soon ^_^

As Hazel mentioned, dissolvable ibuprofen are awesome. I can't swallow tablets normally anyway, but Nurofen meltlets were amazing for me when I had my tongue pierced. Not sure if they do a similar product over where you are though. Soup and meal replacement drinks are useful for the first few days (I managed one day of liquid food before I had to eat something solid lol)
    Stabbings I still have
    Right ear
    : 2 x helix, conch & rook
    Left ear: helix, conch & tragus
    Tongue web, nostril, septum
    Triangle, VCH & 2 x outers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast