Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magnetic Finger Implant

dpack_1

Default Magnetic Finger Implant

So yeah, that's pretty much how the procedure is done.

This was taken just to show how it works:

Any questions?

i have only one... why?

Quote Originally Posted by BodModBilly View Post
    i have only one... why?
    Why not?

Why does anyone get a mod?

I have personally seen it often marketed and used as a cool party trick though.
    Last edited by Boo; 03-23-2014 at 04:18 PM. Reason: reworded for clarity :)
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

dpack_1

The 'party trick' is far from its markerting point actually. And Steve Haworth actually suggests keeping that to a minimum. It's main purpose is to give what is dubbed as "Magnetic Vision". It gives you an extra sense to feel magnetic fields and electric currents.

Why not ? Because if you need an MRI you can't get one without having it cut out. And if you're knocked out in an accident and you need an MRI how is a doctor meant to know you have a magnetic implant in your hand ? I mean obviously that's not likely to happen. But still.. Puts me off xD

I thought the party trick thing was the main appeal, too. It is pretty cool
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

dpack_1

MRI's don't affect them.

If worried they can be shielded, similar to how any metallic implant would be.

This is all answered by Steve Haworth.

Quote Originally Posted by Toofwess View Post
    Why not ? Because if you need an MRI you can't get one without having it cut out. And if you're knocked out in an accident and you need an MRI how is a doctor meant to know you have a magnetic implant in your hand ? I mean obviously that's not likely to happen. But still.. Puts me off xD

I thought the party trick thing was the main appeal, too. It is pretty cool
    Exactly. I'm all for doing what you want with regards to piercings and whatnot, but I still think the idea of metallic/magnetic implants are stupid.

Current piercings
    22mm lobes | 6mm conch

Current tattoos
    Indian inspired dotwork side piece (14/08/2013)
    Click to see!

Retired
    Snakebites | Tongue web | Scaffold | Medusa | Hand Web | Smiley | Nape | Tragus | Vertical tragus | Navel | Chest MD | 8 lobes | Tongue | Nipples

Gallery
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gal...0&ppuser=52306

dpack_1

But... MRI's don't affect them, i have two big metal strips in my jaw from where it was broken a few years back, my face isn't going to get ripped off if i need an emergency MRI.

Are microdermal's stupid? That's pretty much the same as this as far as permanence goes.

What about all these people that need metal pins in their broken legs, or arms, or hands. Do they get torn to shreds in an MRI? Are they stupid too?

Seriously, go read the decade of research done on these things. It's far safer than whatever you learned doing a GCSE in physics and biology.

Quote Originally Posted by dpack_1 View Post
    The 'party trick' is far from its markerting point actually.
    Doesn't stop people from marketing it that way though....you're right about Steve, I'll amend my original post to make my point clearer.

In case anyone else feels a need to comment as stated by Darren IT DOES NOT AFFECT MRI SCANNERS.

I am all for people having an opinion (don't like them, they seem silly etc) but please do not spread misinformation.

Any further posts with misinformation will be removed or edited to remove the misinformation.

Also as an FYI I've got metal in my arm and no doctors at a hospital would know about it and a medical professional put it there. Should contraceptive implants come under this scrutiny as well regarding MRIs?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Darren, what's the life span of the magnet you used?
    Hi, Call me Rob.

Current:
    Nothing.
    Retired: Hafada 3, Tounge, Nipple (Left), Surface (Right Wrist) & Navel x2, PA. Horizontal Nipples 2mm.
    Wish List: Vertical Nipples 2mm, Ampallang.
    Ink: Scorpion left shoulder & dream catcher left arm.

I Like Being Shiny

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast