Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magnetic Finger Implant

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Also as an FYI I've got metal in my arm and no doctors at a hospital would know about it and a medical professional put it there. Should contraceptive implants come under this scrutiny as well regarding MRIs?
    Pretty sure it'd be on your medical records, in that case. As would all other surgically implanted things e.g. metal rods in bones, pacemakers etc.
    Last edited by SakuraChan; 03-23-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Current piercings
    22mm lobes | 6mm conch

Current tattoos
    Indian inspired dotwork side piece (14/08/2013)
    Click to see!

Retired
    Snakebites | Tongue web | Scaffold | Medusa | Hand Web | Smiley | Nape | Tragus | Vertical tragus | Navel | Chest MD | 8 lobes | Tongue | Nipples

Gallery
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gal...0&ppuser=52306

dpack_1

Quote Originally Posted by Bigspanners View Post
    Hi Darren, what's the life span of the magnet you used?
    It's a neodymium magnet, the life span of which is around a thousand years before any noticeable gauss drop off.

^ So... really it's just the context that makes some people voice a negative opinion about stuff like this. I personally think it's pretty darn cool, not something I would want but I wouldn't judge anyone for getting this or any form of implant of this nature done (if done properly ofc).
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraChan View Post
    Pretty sure it'd be on your medical records, in that case.
    Which medical records?

It was done by a clinic. Even my GP didn't know and as far as I know, hospitals don't even have GP records. Please do correct me if I'm wrong, I thought that was one of the whole points of the HSCIC changes coming in but I've opted out of that anyway.

Also in an emergency hospitals have protocols in place for situations that cover things like this, what if they didn't know who I was at all? What if I was in another country? I have a medical card explaining it but that's about it and it's not always on me. I had to tell my GP about it in case they wanted to add it to my records for their reference, they had NO record of it and the nurse who fitted it told me as such.

Grace, I also think they're cool, have considered one myself in the past
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I want one.
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by MissSherwood89 View Post
    I want one.
    You should get one done if you come to the meet
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

dpack_1

Or you could come down here and get one too...

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

How strong are the magnets Darren?
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

dpack_1

Strong enough to pick up a paperclip, or other small metallic objects, but not enough to interfere with any kind of electrical device. Yet they are still sensitive enough to sense magnetic fields and electric currents.

About the heaviest thing they'll pick up is a half empty lighter, but as said, it's not really recommended to use it as a way of 'sticking bits of metal to your finger' for any kind of long term thing. In a similar way to pulling on a dermal is bad, doing so would damage the tissue from the inside and promote rejection.

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Ah cool I was imagining rooting about in my (Mary-Poppins-esque) bag for things and pulling my hand out with pens and keys stuck to my finger haha!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast