Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conch piercing!

May have to get the bar of my conch changed. I did mention the swelling to the piercer today who is a different piercer at a different place who said the bar isn't long enough as its 1.2x8mm and I'm afraid it will embed if it swells anymore :( I can't take iburofen because of my asthma, going to get some ice from tesco and see if it helps at all
    Piercings: Tongue Piercing (1.6mm), Tragus (Left Ear - 1.2mm), Navel (1.6mm) Central Labret Pierced (1.2mm), Conch (Right ear - 1.2mm)
    Retired: Left Nostrill, Right Nostril (x2), Septum Piercing, Helix (x2), Collarbone Piercing, Tragus (Right ear), Scaffold, Eyebrow
    Tattoo's: ​Stars with swirls on left foot. Owl on right thigh (want cover up). Butterflies on wrist.

Ouchy, I think my healed bar is 8mm :/ my cartilage has a lovely habit of swelling like a monster initially, I'm surprised they only pierced you with an 8mm bar. Could you take arnica? I don't know if it's still unsuitable for asthmatics. .
    Stabbings I still have
    Right ear
    : 2 x helix, conch & rook
    Left ear: helix, conch & tragus
    Tongue web, nostril, septum
    Triangle, VCH & 2 x outers

Quote Originally Posted by polythene_girl View Post
    Ouchy, I think my healed bar is 8mm :/ my cartilage has a lovely habit of swelling like a monster initially, I'm surprised they only pierced you with an 8mm bar. Could you take arnica? I don't know if it's still unsuitable for asthmatics. .
    Never heard of arnica before, I do have an anti-inflamattory gel from when I dislocated my knee called voltarol which is suitable for me with asthma as its absorbed through the skin, not digested but I don't know if it would be ok to put anywhere on my ear, but it is a miracle for swelling

edit: just read it shouldn't be used on open skin or mucus membranes so its probs not reccomended to use it so I'll wait till my mum brings back ice for me and see if I can get some swelling down
    Last edited by iJess; 03-19-2014 at 10:53 PM.
    Piercings: Tongue Piercing (1.6mm), Tragus (Left Ear - 1.2mm), Navel (1.6mm) Central Labret Pierced (1.2mm), Conch (Right ear - 1.2mm)
    Retired: Left Nostrill, Right Nostril (x2), Septum Piercing, Helix (x2), Collarbone Piercing, Tragus (Right ear), Scaffold, Eyebrow
    Tattoo's: ​Stars with swirls on left foot. Owl on right thigh (want cover up). Butterflies on wrist.

Arnica is a natural anti inflammatory, might be worth asking a pharmacist if you can take it ice is your friend too
    Stabbings I still have
    Right ear

My conch is a year old now, thank goodness it didn't swell like that. But it was way sore for like 3 months after the initial piercing, I think mostly BC I got it done on the side I sleep on. I hope yours heals well and the swelling goes down soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole<3 View Post
    My conch is a year old now, thank goodness it didn't swell like that. But it was way sore for like 3 months after the initial piercing, I think mostly BC I got it done on the side I sleep on. I hope yours heals well and the swelling goes down soon.
    I originally slept on my right side but past few nights have had to train myself to sleep on my left haha. I could sleep on it the first few nights though. Also thanks polythene, I've had ice on and I think its working, will press it to my ear now and again and do a sss before I go to bed

How it today? My new conch swelled to the length of the bar a week ago and I found putting frozen peas wrapped in tissue a few times a day not only made it feel better but the swelling and pain did reduce.
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

Went and got it changed today and he said it was very strange that it had swelled how it has and quizzed me if I'd had hairspray in my hair which I haven;t. I'm not a piercer but I think its common that cartilage piercings can swell excessively. He also said the tragus piercing I had yesterday by a different piercer is wonky. I thought it was ust the swelling but now I'm starting to think it might be. The guy that did my conch used clamps an I don't remember the girl yesterday who did my tragus using clamps I just felt the needle go through. He said I should take it out otherwise it will come out itself. What do you guys think does it look like it was pierced wonky or could it just be the swelling? I'm a bit unsure :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mk1 View Post
    You should get that ear looked at, is it growing on your chin?

(If you're posting from a windows operating system and you double click and image or right click to bring up "image preview" and do a rotate, that rotation will be saved when the image is closed.)
    Yeah sorry & not sure what you mean? My tragus piercing seems to be coming out of my tragus on a side rather than straight out the back :/

I think mk1 is just joking about the picture being on its side your tragus looks ok to me, but I'm not a piercer.
    Stabbings I still have
    Right ear

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast