Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rook piercing 7.3.14

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rook piercing 7.3.14

Today i got my rook pierced. I was really nervous about this piercing despite my various other cartilage piercings (tragus x 2, industrial, helix, lobes x 6) The initial process was fine. It was probably the least painful piercing I have had (apart from lobes). After the piercing was done, it was slightly uncomfortable but no throbbing or extensive pain.

I got the piercing In Wagga, NSW, Australia at a place called Modern Primitive. The piercer had 18 years experience and I am very happy with his work. (He also pierced my nose prior to today) The piercer used a bio flex bar for the initial piercing so I'm hopping this helps prevent hypertrophic scaring also.

I was very reluctant to get this piercing as I have had problems with hypertrophic scaring in the past ( both tragus piercings) and I was overall just worried it would be a waste of money, however I am feeling oddly optimistic due to the minimal pain and apparent swelling at this stage. Hopefully it will heal relatively well like my helix and industrial did.

I was given a solution to clean it with and an antibacterial soap to wash it in the shower with. As I didn't want to annoy it I have just q tipped some of the solution softly around the site of entry and exit. I have used salt soaks in the past which is probably what I'll end up doing however I am reluctant to at this stage because it actually seemed to annoy my hypertrophic scars and piercing in general (yes I used the correct ratio of salt and water as stated on this site) Otherwise it may mostly be LITHA

hopefully it heals well with little hiccups

ps. It's still a but bloody I'm trying not to irritate it with rigorous cleaning and moving of the jewellery.

Congratulations on your new piercing and hi from a fellow Aussie. Let us know how the bioflex goes and there's no hiccups
    Current - 3 x L & R lobe, R nostril, L Industrial
    Retired - L helix, R lobe

looks good!

it looks great! My rook was done last year and I discovered that it doesn't like too much movement. I developed a top bump that was a touch nasty for a while until it healed. Leave it alone as much as you can. Good luck with it. Its a lovely piercing! I passed through Wagga at Xmas on the way to see my family in Tamworth!
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

Thank you . I have been resisting touching it almost completely! Just running water over it in the shower or putting some of the water in a cup and giving it a quick soak to loosen crustys. It is completely pain free at this stage except for when I touch the surrounding ear it feels a bit tender. There are still blood crustys which didn't come of in the shower. I am so reluctant to remove them because they are also behind the bar and I want to limit movement as much as possible! In the past Q tips have cause me a lot of hassle as I'd go digging and wiping around which I'm sure promoted scaring.

Anyway last night I slept fine there was no pain unless accidentally touched (only got brushed by the doona) so I'm hopeful

i also hope me leaving the crustys for now is okay.
    ps. The bio flex bar really is comfy
    Current: lobes x 6, L rook, L helix.
    retired: industrial, tragus x2, nose x 2.

Ah I love rooks, so is it a straight bar or curved?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

It's a straight bio flex bar for the moment

Unusual in a rook! Hope it heals up lovely for you, looks awesome!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thank you hazel!
    yeah that's what i thought too, however it is bio flex so I guess it can move a bit. After its healed ill probably put in a curved barbel ( if it will let me haha) I don't mind too much I still think it looks awesome XD I have wanted one for so long so I'm stocked, hopefully it being straight wont affect my healing.

Photos of it today

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast