Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Rook piercing 7.3.14

It looks lovely on you! I had mine done a few months ago with a ring - I wanted a bar but the piercer told me that I couldn't have one because it doesn't heal as well...Mine was pierced badly and ended up rejecting I cant wait to get it redone in the other ear though, your pictures are making me want it even more!

If you want it done do it I'd go to a different piercer maybe? Look around for someone who really knows there stuff and suggest doing some research of your own so you know what to look for in a piercer. I'm no expert but in my experience rings are not really the best for initial jewellery in most places on the ear. Both my helix and tragus had a lot of problems because they were pierced with a ring. It is also my understanding that generally rook piercings are better suited to curved barbells. I initially had a straight one in mine and changed too a curved and my rook felt so much better!

the reason rings can be so bad initially is mostly because they are much more easily bumped and as well as this they tend to twist a lot in the piercing when knocked or bumped etc which can drag through crusties and normal build up which shreds the new forming skin and actually irritates and prolongs the healing process. When I had my helix pierced it was done with a BCR and basically wouldn't heal until I put a labret in and within days it settled right down and since that point onwards it's been a trouble free happy piercing

therfore my suggestion is to go and find a reputable piercer! Research the piercing from trusted sites and forums and get a good understanding of what to expect and how to properly cater to your new piercing! And with any luck you will have a lovely healed rook piercing in 12-18 months!
    Current: lobes x 6, L rook, L helix.
    retired: industrial, tragus x2, nose x 2.

It has now been 13 months since I got my took pierced and I have to say it's looked Better. I have a consistent bump on the bottom which doesn't bother me too much because you can see it but the whole area looks a little traumatised. I still get some lymphy stuff that comes out day to day however it's not painful to touch unless I really give it a good whack.

i just clean in the shower!!! I have to tell the truth I'm partial to a Q tip but I think that's half the reason it's irritated so I'm going on a no Q tip trend! And see if this improves its state.

So I just wanted to update and my pretty much healed rook. Not sure of the above image worked but my rook is great! No trouble. The occasional crusty but otherwise pretty much healed

looks good!

It looks really nice I want one too. Do you see it on your ear front view?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567