Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gluten Free Club

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Look at you trying to steal everyone again! Tut!

But yeah, lets go to Katies, we can enjoy chinese and stroke bear cats
    Oh wow chinese and bear cats = perfect experience All the chinese restaurants I've been to I end up getting really frustrated because they have no idea what I'm talking about and just brush me off. I've had one place tell me they use 'starch' (so helpful) and when I asked what kind of starch he went and got me a bowl full of a random white powder. And then there's the soy sauce issue! When I was in America I went to a place called PF Chang's which was AMAZING and gluten free things came on a special square plate.........

Basically I've never found a place near me that makes me feel confident enough to eat their Chinese food If I go into a place and get confused faces and 'is gluten like MSG?' I get stomach aches without even eating the food!
    Hi, I'm Mj

Current piercings: 1st lobes (4mm), 2nd+3rd (1mm), helix x 2 (1.2mm), daith (1.2mm), septum (3mm), nostril (1mm)

Retired: 4th lobe piercings, helix, one horizontal nipple, navel.

Want: horizontal nipples, conch, triple upper navel project.

I just made gluten free chocolate orange cupcakes and they rose! They actually look like a normal cupcake and not a flat pancake biscuit!.
    They were a super dry on top and i couldnt get the frosting to stay on when piping so i gave up and just spread it on with downwards motions but they arent actually that dry inside.
    Im just super happy that they rose!

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Well done Lyssa! The pizza looks lovely too
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Yeah that pizza looks amazing!
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Thank you! Its a pretty boring pizza though,its just got veggies on!

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    Thank you! Its a pretty boring pizza though,its just got veggies on!
    Veggie pizza is my fave tbh, has been for a long time
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Senior Member misstress_malice_mizer's Avatar

spelt flour makes quite a good alternative to wheat based flours as well, its not 100% gluten free but the protein structure is different to modern day wheat flours so most people with gluten intolerances find that they can usually eat spelt based products with very little side effects although it obviously varies from person to person.
    Eating out the best thing to do is phone up in advance and ask but if that's not an option as Toni pointed out any decent restaurant will know what items are gluten free or at the very least will have separate menus for gluten free options
    chinese restaurants avoid the obvious culprits like meat thats been breaded or fried and anything with a soy sauce base as soy sauce tends to have gluten in it, and thick sauces as they're usually thickened with flour. But tbh most Chinese restaurants should be quite happy to cater for any special dietary requirements so long as people ask.

Cakes and stuff you can substitute flour for polenta, ground almonds, chestnut flour, rice flour and even mashed potato gluten free cake recipes
    http://maliceinunderderland.tumblr.com/ (nsfw)
    1.2mm lobes, 1.6mm septum
    retired nostril piercing
    two tattoos
    wish list as long as my arm
    available on
    facebook
    tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Veggie pizza is my fave tbh, has been for a long time
    Same. I much prefer some veggie things to meal things like lasagne and enchiladas.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

My dad has celiacs and gluten free or paleo diets are definitely a lot more work, but worth it if you need it. Againstallgrain is a great website!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12