Thread: Best Jewelry for Lobes?

Question Best Jewelry for Lobes?

When my children were babies, I had their ears pierced. Yes I know that a lot of people disagree with that, I'm not here to argue regarding my choices nine years ago. I stopped putting earrings in their ears around 2 years old because they were having issues. I used solid 24k gold in their ears but always had issues with the earring backs damaging their lobes.

Fast forward, my one daughter is nine years old and wants to wear earrings, the holes are still open despite it being several years since she last wore earrings. What would be a good jewelry option for her? What kind of backs are safest? I have worn the same hoops for about 15 years so I am clueless. Thanks.
    Piercings: Navel, VCH, L Lobe x2, R Lobe x1
    Retired: R Lobe x1, L Helix
    Want: R Nipple Cross, Triple forward Helix, Re-pierce Helix
    Tattoos: 1 naked fairy on lower back...many more planned!

Either a titanium labret (flat style back) or a titanium barbell. Hypoallergenic and lightweight, but they might be too large in diameter if her ears were gunned. Gunned lobes tend to be around 0.8mm and I think the smallest diameter titanium available is 1.2mm. Tbh your best option is taking her to a reputable piercer (one that doesn't use piercing guns) and letting them have a look at her lobes.
    Stabbings I still have
    Right ear
    : 2 x helix, conch & rook
    Left ear: helix, conch & tragus
    Tongue web, nostril, septum
    Triangle, VCH & 2 x outers

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

You can get 1mm titanium neometal labrets which might be a good option since she can choose some pretty ends for them, but you'll need to order them from the US. I really do second Katie's advice to see a good piercer though as they'll be able to help you order the right length and gauge, you don't want to be stretching her lobes more than one size (e.g. 0.8mm to 1.2mm is skipping 1mm and is actually a massive stretch when you look at it proportionally, no point scarring her poor ears for the sake of a few weeks at 1mm!)
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Depends how much you want to spend really as well. I mean Anato do lovely earrings, but even the plainer designs are pretty costly, unless you go through BAF using discount codes. I second Katie's advice of talking to a piercer. Tbh in standard lobes most people tend to wear earrings, the higher quality the better, but the basic design is the same-a piercer would probably be able to offer at least different jewellery options so she could see what she finds comfiest.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Agree with the above about seeing a piercer, not just for the jewellery but to see if they're in a viable position/angle as well.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thank you very much. They were gun pierced so I will have to take her to a piercer to get some help with sizing. I don't know why I didn't think to do it in the first place.
    Piercings: Navel, VCH, L Lobe x2, R Lobe x1
    Retired: R Lobe x1, L Helix
    Want: R Nipple Cross, Triple forward Helix, Re-pierce Helix
    Tattoos: 1 naked fairy on lower back...many more planned!

I'm biased so I'll go with CZ studs.