Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Helix and Conch..

Red face Helix and Conch..

hi gang!

i recently got my helix pierced after ages of trying to find a good piercing studio which i was comfortable with. it was my first "proper" piercing other than my two lobe piercings - i tried to stretch my ears when i was about 13 and failed miserably, the joys of being an angsty teen! - so i wanted to be careful. i knew guns were bad, claire's was a no-no so i settled on Nemesis in Camden.

about a week after i had my helix done, i got the itch and wanted another piercing. i've always been interested in conch piercings because they are so cuuuuuute so i popped into Nemesis after work and got it done. worst pain of my life btw!!
    so, fast forward to me finding this forum & reading everyone's experiences with their piercings. i'm starting to get a little paranoid about infection/migration/rejection/everything that can go wrong with piercings! my piercer didn't give me that much information with either piercing. he just said to soak with saltwater and how long they can take to heal. to be honest i was so stunned that i had these piercings done that i didn't think to ask about any more info - i dont know what length the labret is or the gauge. sorry if that sounds really newbie :(

now, i'm unsure whether my helix has formed a lump or if it's still swollen. as well as this they're still quite sore, which i know is to be expected because they're so new, but there's almost always white skin around the helix piercings. I soak my ear with sea salt/water mix when they're a bit angry and otherwise let the shower rinse away the crusties etc. reading the posts on here has reassured me that's the right approach.

i'm also a bit worried about whether my conch has moved or not. it sounds really stupid but the placement looks different in two pictures. it may be the swelling but i just wanted to get an opinion anyway!
    this is a comparison of the two pictures - left is when it was freshly pierced, right is a picture from tonight.
    i58.tinypic.com/108e16r . png

this is the back of the ear, hopefully this bit looks clear too - (i know i can't post links, so hopefully that works)
    i59.tinypic.com/nlcxhe . png

am also unsure on whether that's a lump on my helix or just swelling! like i said before, i'm a huge newbie when it comes to cartilage piercings so i know it was probably a silly decision to get two within the space of a week, but they look so cute. i'm just worried/paranoid i may ruin them!

so, to cut a long story short: does my conch look like it has moved and has a bump formed on my helix?
    thanks gang!
    Last edited by mindthegap; 02-12-2014 at 12:38 AM. Reason: added another link to a piccy
    look at the wonderful mess that we made.

blog

left: lobe
    right: lobe, conch, helix
    want:​ snug, tragus and daith!

In my (completely non-professional) opinion, everything looks fine tbh I think you might just have been holding the camera at a funny angle in that first picture, hence why it looks the way it does.

The only thing that I saw (again, completely non-professional), well what it looked like in the pictures, was that those labrets miiiiight be a bit short to allow for swelling. If I were you I'd just keep an eye on them is all
    6/7mm lobes, 2mm second lobe (left), 1.2mm forward helix (right)

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." ~ William Ernest Henley, 'Invictus'

looks fine to me too

the pics are at different angles plus a little bit of swelling can make them look off (especially the more you scrutinize them in the mirror lol)

as both are cart piercings which as you know take around a year to heal (roughly) I would be surprised if you never got any lumps or bumps at some point during the healing time.
    My conch got really lumpy and sore on the back just before it completely healed, and my daith which is still healing often gets little bumps which come and go but I just leave them to it as messing seems to make them worse anyway

they look lovely!

oh and i'm jealous of your ear, if my ears were like that i'd deffo be after an industrial, but I have silly, squashy ears
    Last edited by Ford Prefect; 02-12-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    I'm Lucy, nice to meet you!

Have:
    Piercings: Tongue, right conch, left daith, 1st and 2nd lobes (14g), central low labret
    Tattoo: Inner forearm abstract geometric
    Want:
    Second conch in right ear
    Tattoo by Noon
    Retired Nostril, helix, auricle

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn’t an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn’t an afterlife"

Didint they give you an aftercare sheet?

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Michi_2711 View Post
    In my (completely non-professional) opinion, everything looks fine tbh I think you might just have been holding the camera at a funny angle in that first picture, hence why it looks the way it does.

The only thing that I saw (again, completely non-professional), well what it looked like in the pictures, was that those labrets miiiiight be a bit short to allow for swelling. If I were you I'd just keep an eye on them is all

Thank you for your help! I'll keep an eye on them

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    looks fine to me too

the pics are at different angles plus a little bit of swelling can make them look off (especially the more you scrutinize them in the mirror lol)

as both are cart piercings which as you know take around a year to heal (roughly) I would be surprised if you never got any lumps or bumps at some point during the healing time.
    My conch got really lumpy and sore on the back just before it completely healed, and my daith which is still healing often gets little bumps which come and go but I just leave them to it as messing seems to make them worse anyway

they look lovely!

oh and i'm jealous of your ear, if my ears were like that i'd deffo be after an industrial, but I have silly, squashy ears

thanks cutie! i've been looking into industrials actually, so cheers for the anatomy heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by SleeeepyHollow View Post
    Didint they give you an aftercare sheet?

They did but it's quite vague. It says saltwater soaks, don't twist the bar etc but it didn't have anything about bumps so I was just enquiring

blog

ahh i have another question for you guys!
    when i got pierced i don't recall being told the length or size of the labret that my piercer used so i facebooked him.he replied with "For the Conch 1.6x10mm and for the Helix 1.2x8 or 10mm."

so. i have no idea what this means in terms of buying jewellery - will i buy bars that are smaller or the same size as the ones he has told me about? sorry, you can totally tell what a n00b i am!!

blog

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Once your piercings are ready to be changed go back and get him to measure you for what size you need once there's no swelling or anything left then buy that size.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    Once your piercings are ready to be changed go back and get him to measure you for what size you need once there's no swelling or anything left then buy that size.
    ahh okay, thank you!

blog

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

No problem just no point buying them in the size you're at now!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

sorry to be a nuisance but i know you guys are the best to ask....for the past week i've been waking up with dried blood around my conch and heaps of crusties. i know the crusties are normal for healing but should it still be bleeding? thanks gang

blog

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast