Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dermals on inner wrist.

Default dermals on inner wrist.

So ive been asked twice now to put a dermal in the inner wrist. Into tattoos. I obviously cant see the veins as the tattoos in the way, I could squeeze the arm until they buldge so I could see, but anyway, I didnt get that far. Im a small time piercer and while im experienced in doing General piercings (of course I want to broaden my knowledge) but for the time being I will not peform piercings im not comfortable with, or that I dont think are practible. Im just asking opinions, as an experienced piercer would you do this? Have you done this? I think with the hand and wrist moving so much it wouldnt work, as well as how thin the skin is, but as for tge veins, even if I didnt hit them, the dermal would be sitting on top of them, if it was hit down I could see this causing a problem. Anyway, at the end of the day I wont be peforming this unless I find myself a mentor and im taught. Buy my opinion is no, what do you think?

Loads of people have dermals in their wrist, they can work ! Maybe not forever but I guess that depends on the person. Definitely don't attempt until someone with a lot of experience teaches you properly though.
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

I have no plan on attempting it. I think its stupid. But id like to clarify that im talking in the inside, like palm side up. Not on the arm, ive done arm dermals and top of the wrist but not on the inner. Ive googled it and looked on bme and I can't find anything. Not one photo, I found one on the side of the wrist but yeah, not inner. Can you semd me a photo of it? Just for curiosities sake?

Ohhh whoops I totally mis-read. Thought you meant outer wrist ! ^^"

Yeah.. inner wrist is a bit odd. Do you mean high up, near the crease between the hand and wrist ? Because that would be a really bad idea, way too much movement there. I think you might be able to get one a bit further down but it would be a place that would really depend on individual anatomy to be viable, and I'd say not may people would be suitable to attempt it on. It wouldn't work on people with pronounced bones/veins in their wrist for example. It might work if someone wanted it off center.. again anatomy dependent though. All in all I'd say it's not the best idea ever, especially with a tattoo in the way !

Edit: I re-read your original post and the thread title. I have no idea how in the hell I got outer wrist out of that the first time I read it
    Last edited by Toofwess; 02-07-2014 at 09:33 AM.
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Haha I thought so. No problem. Not quite in the crease, about 5 cm from the crease, typically where people get tattooes on there wrists. The other wanted it a little higher up, but even the tiny bones there, tendons, nerves etc. I dont think its a good idea. Im satisfied with my thinking that its a bad idea now thank you. Not that I was going to perform it anyway, but it gives me piece of mind to know that it really was a stupid idea and wasnt me lacking broad knowledge lets just hope they dont go somewhere else and have it done and something goes wrong. This is always a fear od mine when I tell someone no :(

Even if you could see the veins, the skin is so thin I have no idea how it would support the dermal. Good for you for not risking it, some people just don't seem to understand how piercings work :p

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

Yeah I wouldn't say it's impossible on everyone, but I'd definitely try to talk people out of it, especially since you're still learning.

Can't stop people doing stupid things sadly. All you can do is educate them and refuse to do it. If they get someone dodgy to do it and it goes wrong at least you'll know you did all you could to stop it happening.
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

Yeh exactly. Ok great. If I have any other strange requests ill be sure to let you guys know for further discussion hehe.

You're right in your first post, there's nothing for it to anchor to.

Sorry I don't normally answer in here as it's for professionals really but there's not many about at the moment.

I am not a professional but have a couple of decades of knowledge as a client and have a read a lot, by no means makes me qualified though.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Actually I also said no to a horizontal tongue tip piercing. While I know its been done and I could do it, I think its stupid and impractical so I talked the client out of it. I cant imagine it ever healing and the tongue moves from very thick to very thin so a large bar would have to be permanently in place. What are your thoughts on these?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast