Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Manchester spring/summer meet 2014

I thought as much. Just when I was looking through the old threads they do all seem to be Manchester. Is that just an annual one that always runs then? I reckon Nottingham would be nice place to hold a meet, but I don't know if any one would go.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

It's just because I always suggest it and people seem to come. I used to do 2 a year but that was getting a bit taxing back when we'd have like 20-30 people turn up. This year was a tiny one tbh. It just depends on the ebb and flow of the forum, lots of people who came to meets 1-2 years ago never come on here anymore and have drifted so probably wouldn't even know the event was on let alone come to it.

I'm sure if people tried to gain interest or start a meet then they would be able to gauge who would come. You tend to have around 50% drop out, loads of people say they'll come but many if not most drop out along the way or just before due to other things getting in the way.

Also need to consider location, Manchester has good train connections, it also has a great piercer who people like to visit, good shops, big gardens to meet at, good choice of budget hotels etc
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Yeah, I got the impression that it was quite small this year. I have noticed that the forums were more active when I first joined (even if i wasn't particularly active) than they are now. As you say, ebb and flow.

I didn't really consider that about Manchester. Then again, getting anywhere other than London by train from where I live at home is a pain (because I have to go through London to go pretty much anywhere) and uni isn't a great deal better. So, for me, personally, ease of access by train isn't really a necessity. Of course, I understand it's still something to consider and try and make as easy for the majority, I was just thinking aloud really.

Do you reckon a poll would work, to see where most people would like to/could get to?
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Quote Originally Posted by jesterxlady View Post
    Do you reckon a poll would work, to see where most people would like to/could get to?
    Go for it.

It's easy for me tbh being near Manchester I have good rail links or we can just come on the bike. I'd most likely make it a weekend away as well.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

They used to hold fairly regular Glasgow meets a few years ago but that was when we had quite a few active members through that way, must have been a while ago cause I never went cause they'd always go to the pub and I was underage lol!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

I really do hope there is another meet up in the future when I can afford to, as it would be lovely to meet you all. I love the community on here.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

Would be great if there was a meet some day that was closer to me. Travelling is a major issue for me and I badly want to meet everyone
    Piercings (some retired) - Septum, nose, double eyebrow, left tragus, left nipple, lip, rook, left lobe and multiple cartalidge.
    - Tattoo of a fantasy style sword on my calf
    - Raven perched on pocket watch tattoo on my right arm
    - Evil skeletal jester on the other calf
    Here's to love, the sickness
    The great martyr of the soul
    Here's to life, the vice
    The great herald of misery

Seems like lots of people are interested in a non-Manchester meet up. I'll try and put a poll up some time over the next week and see if we can find one that suits everyone? =)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

*cough* Gloucester *cough*
    Piercings (some retired) - Septum, nose, double eyebrow, left tragus, left nipple, lip, rook, left lobe and multiple cartalidge.
    - Tattoo of a fantasy style sword on my calf
    - Raven perched on pocket watch tattoo on my right arm
    - Evil skeletal jester on the other calf
    Here's to love, the sickness
    The great martyr of the soul
    Here's to life, the vice
    The great herald of misery

Quote Originally Posted by jesterxlady View Post
    Seems like lots of people are interested in a non-Manchester meet up. I'll try and put a poll up some time over the next week and see if we can find one that suits everyone? =)
    Go for it! Like I say, over the past few years so many people say they'd go to meets if they weren't in Manchester or in their home town or wherever but no one ever arranges one!