Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Oooooh cheeky

Smile Oooooh cheeky

So here we are again. Basically starting this diary because I'm useless at remembering dates and to document the healing process of these troublesome at best piercings. It might help others who are considering them.

11/1/14 so after the long process of marking up, checking, double checking, measuring up and even the boss lady having a check, I was marked up and happy with them. The clamps went on and 3,2,1 right cheek was done the ball was and and then 3,2,1 left cheek was done. All in all it was a pretty painless pierce probably a 3/10. They where done with a 18mm labrets and the swelling was almost instant. But even by the end of the day the pain is still minimal

12/1/14 so this morning the swelling was pretty bad. Lots of ice and ibruprofen later the swelling has gone down abit. No crusties as yet but did a sea salt soak and rinsed with mouthwash and rinsed with water after food and smoking still no pain really only slight tenderness when smiling too much.

13/1/14 so today the swelling had become really uncomfortable ice and ibruprofen did nothing to help so I had to pop into hex and get some longer bars. As they didn't stock 22mm labrets they put surface bar discs on a 22mm barbells so the discs sat on the inside of my cheeks and larger balls on the outside so there is a larger surface. Now it's evening and they feel so much more comfortable. Still no pain but a bit of lymph and some crusties so cleaned them of and I now feel fresh as a daisy

not the greatest looking pic haha but you get the gist of my hamster cheeks
    Last edited by RoyalBlood; 01-13-2014 at 08:00 PM.
    Current piercings: 2x 2 anti eyebrow md, 2x 3rd third eye (vertical forehead) md, 2x chest md, cheeks, vertical medusa, central labret, navel, conch, 4x lobes firsts at 26mm 2x helix, nostril, wrist surface,.smiley, 2x nippes, 4mm septum and 3mm conch punch

Other body mods: 1.6mm nostril, other conch punch 3mm , other wrist surface, 2x nape md, 1x chest md, labret to 8mm and septum to 5mm

Wow I was pretty shocked when you said they used 18mm bars :/

I hope they heal up good for you and they seriously suit you!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I know I've got seriously chubby cheeks as well haha but she said out of all the people she's done cheeks on I'm the first that had to be upsized. I guess people in my area have thin cheeks apart from me :')
    Current piercings: 2x 2 anti eyebrow md, 2x 3rd third eye (vertical forehead) md, 2x chest md, cheeks, vertical medusa, central labret, navel, conch, 4x lobes firsts at 26mm 2x helix, nostril, wrist surface,.smiley, 2x nippes, 4mm septum and 3mm conch punch

Other body mods: 1.6mm nostril, other conch punch 3mm , other wrist surface, 2x nape md, 1x chest md, labret to 8mm and septum to 5mm

Or they aren't swellers like me

18mm is ridiculous really. I believe Caz started out with 22mm bars (despite vociferous protesting), and she had to have them cut out of her cheeks when they embedded.
    Despite some of the bull people have spouted on here (and trust me, there has been a LOT with these piercings), they are swellers, on everyone. It's the nature of the piercing. Though it is surprising, as you'll find out when you downsize, eventually, just how thin the cheek actually is.
    The swelling looks lovely, be sure to keep you head elevated, take ibuprofen (provided you can, as and when), and enjoy your healing!
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Hmm I guess it was just a miss judgement then haha but 22's feeling comfortable and I still have probably a good few mm of space on them now. Just have to keep an eye on them! Aye I'm on the ibruprofen game strong at the moment and lots of ice compresses and Ice pops

My tongue was pierced with 22mm!! 18mm in a cheek is scary tbh :(
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Aye I guess so, at least I'm clued up enough to know when it was going downhill. I just hope it's happy healing from here on haha

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlood View Post
    Aye I guess so, at least I'm clued up enough to know when it was going downhill. I just hope it's happy healing from here on haha
    Very true! Just worry about that shop sometimes, not the first (or second) time I've heard bad jewellery choices made by piercers there.

This is the first and hopefully last problem I've had in over 2 years as long as they heal well now I'll be a happy bunny anyway

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast