Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tongue Split Diary

Default Tongue Split Diary

Hello!

Okay so I have wanted my tongue split for around 2 years now, just never either had the money or the guts to do it and having to pull it apart freaks me out but I now have the opportunity to get it done.

It all starts on December 23rd when I bought raffle tickets for the raffle at my local studio, which I frequent and is the only one in the area I trust, I bought 5 strips of tickets, the draw was to be done on Christmas eve so this was a spare of the moment thing, the first and only prize was a £50 voucher for the studio and as you can probably guess, I won.

Christmas day came along, I spent it with family, within all the joy and everything, me and my fiancé Luke were given some money as our household present. He took half and so did I. We could then do with it what we wished, in the days to come we got some more money and did the same until I ended up with the rest of the money for the split.

So on December 27th (I think), I went into the studio, picked up the voucher and booked in for my tongue split, I decided January 2nd would be best, after all of the festivities were over. This was booked any everything was fine. Andy informed me that he didn't have much lidocaine in so he would order some in which should be there for when I went in for the split.

So split day comes around and I wake earlier than I have been due to anticipation, I send Andy a message asking if I'm still ok to go in today, he says that the post man hasn't been and he has no lidocaine but the postie is usually there by 11.30am, 11.30 came and went, no post today. We are currently awaiting tomorrows post delivery and hoping it is in that, I'm quite bummed out but I can prepare a little more and scare myself even more.

I shall inform you of the goings on again when they happen.

xx
    Hi, I'm Zara xx

Piercings
    2 x 16mm Lobes, 2 2.4mm Lobes, Various 1.2mm lobe and helix piercings, 2 Vertical Helix, 1 Tragus, 1 6mm Conch, 1 Outer conch, 1 Antitragus, 1 Medusa, Right and Left Nipple, Left and Right Nostril, 3.2mm Tongue.
    2 Septum piercings and Both Cheeks
    16? Tattoos
    Gallery

Facebook
    Tumblr

How does he use the lidocaine (as in what format etc)? What procedure do they use for the split?

All sounds very exciting!! Keep us updated
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

He uses the spray after the procedure to help with pain and stop the blood flow. He uses the straight cut so suture method, gonna see how I go with it

Oh I will don't you worry hehe xx
    Hi, I'm Zara xx

Piercings
    2 x 16mm Lobes, 2 2.4mm Lobes, Various 1.2mm lobe and helix piercings, 2 Vertical Helix, 1 Tragus, 1 6mm Conch, 1 Outer conch, 1 Antitragus, 1 Medusa, Right and Left Nipple, Left and Right Nostril, 3.2mm Tongue.
    16? Tattoos
    Gallery

Facebook
    Tumblr

dpack_1

Doesnt really make sense to use anything like lidocaine for this. Especially AFTER the procedure. It does nothing to stem the flow of blood, that's what the sutures are for. But what it will do, is make your tongue numb for an hour and with it swelling you're gonna be far more likely to bite it and thus mess with the sutures / cause unnecessary bleeding.

Just get it done without it so you don't run the risk of any of that along with the choking hazard that comes with improper use or oral lidocaine sprays.

Quote Originally Posted by dpack_1 View Post
    Doesnt really make sense to use anything like lidocaine for this. Especially AFTER the procedure. It does nothing to stem the flow of blood, that's what the sutures are for. But what it will do, is make your tongue numb for an hour and with it swelling you're gonna be far more likely to bite it and thus mess with the sutures / cause unnecessary bleeding.

Just get it done without it so you don't run the risk of any of that along with the choking hazard that comes with improper use or oral lidocaine sprays.

I'm gonna have a chat with Andy today.

I've been told that the tongue split will be today, just having something to eat and drink whilst sorting my avon order out for delivery and then I'll be going to the studio.
    Hi, I'm Zara xx

Piercings
    16? Tattoos
    Gallery

Facebook
    Tumblr

Good luck Zara
    Hi, Call me Rob.

Current:
    Nothing.
    Retired: Hafada 3, Tounge, Nipple (Left), Surface (Right Wrist) & Navel x2, PA. Horizontal Nipples 2mm.
    Wish List: Vertical Nipples 2mm, Ampallang.
    Ink: Scorpion left shoulder & dream catcher left arm.

I Like Being Shiny

Eeep! Good luck!
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

Quote Originally Posted by dpack_1 View Post

Aye I wondered why he was using it as there's no real need and it won't do anything for the blood flow.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hello again!

So I awoke this morning after staying up quite late last night due to the inability to sleep. I looked at my messages to see if there was one from Andy, sadly not. I messaged him and he told me that it could be done today using the vasocaine as it had arrived at the studio. That was when I started to get a little apprehensive. I had been told that the two people who were meant to be going with me were unable to go due to appointments and illness so, as I knew I wanted it done, I went alone after having something to eat and sorting my Avon order out.

I got into the car, worrying whether or not I would be able to drive myself back home (it's less than 5 minutes drive to get home from the studio but still), before I knew it I was at the studio and paying for parking.

I got into the studio and didn't have to say a thing, Andy and Gill started getting everything sorted, then it was getting real. I was nervous already and then I saw the scalpel blade, at this time I was wondering why I was doing it and what it would be like. So many thoughts going through my head that I couldn't pin any one down so ended up babbling due to nerves.

I was given a disposable apron, told to sit down, had my tongue looked at and marked (I had already taken my tongue piercing out before hand), the clamps were put on, first the right and then the left, the left one seemed to hurt more than the right but it wasn't too bad. Then I saw Andy pick up the scalpel, this is where it got very real.

I sat there with anticipation waiting for him to tell me to breathe in and then out, he does this so I know when he is going to pierce me so I was used to that part. It felt like a lifetime waiting for him to say it and yet no time at all. He started to cut from just past my tongue piercing, it felt weird, painful somewhat and normal all at the same time. I could hear my tongue being sliced, that was weird but not too bad, it sounded like when I slice chicken or pork to make a meal but it was my tongue and my flesh he was slicing.

When he was cutting it seemed to take forever but after the first few cuts it was just uncomfortable and I could feel pressure, then it was done. I had a bowl underneath my chin to catch any blood, there was a decent amount but not loads. By this time I felt like I was having a hypoglycaemic episode, I was shaking, feeling sick, sweating like mad, unsteady and having to sit on the bed and lean back onto the wall behind me. The vasocaine was used but it was sprayed in my mouth to help numb it for a short (10 minutes if that) period of time, I didn't see the point but I went along with it, it hasn't seemed to harm so far.

I then had the joy of getting up off the bed which was lovingly holding me whilst I steadied myself on the wall, I was given a cup of mouth wash and told to swill until it all went and then again with a cup of water, after this I sat down back on the bed, Andy checked my tongue again and told me that I could have it split further back if I wished, I said no, not right now, picked up my water and took a few sips. He explained everything to me about aftercare and told me that the second split, if I needed it, would be free.

I then felt well enough to go and have a sit down in the waiting area, whilst doing this I started to realise that my throat and ear on the right side started to hurt quite badly, as though I had tonsillitis and ear ache at the same time. I knew I wasn't ready to leave yet though so I dealt with it as best I could.

An hour after I had walked in to the studio I walked out with a fresh tongue split, my intention was to go to the shop and get some gauze and a few other things but I had left my purse at home as the cash was with me in my bag for the split and thats all the money I had, so I went home. As soon as I got in I knew I needed to get some painkillers down me, by this time I had started to shake slightly so was glad I was out of the car. I went into the bathroom cabinet, got some ibuprofen and took them with a drink of vimto. I then decided I would go to bed for a bit of a lie down. My partner wanted to chat but it hurt me to talk so I started to shake again :(

After a while the painkillers kicked in, I realised my limit of time I could talk for and decided to go to the shop to get ice cream, good choice!

Anyway, the split is still a bit sore, mainly from talking and making sure it isn't joining back together and I have a cup to spit any blood into but other than that there isn't much else to say. I will include some pictures now for you.

Also can someone change the title of this to something like Tongue Split Diary? I don't know how to and can't think too well at the moment.

I'm hoping things will be a bit better tomorrow but for not there will be no video as I can't talk for more than 20 seconds without being in pain.

Hope you enjoyed this post.

xx
    Hi, I'm Zara xx

Piercings
    16? Tattoos
    Gallery

Facebook
    Tumblr

Very different experience to me! You weren't given the gauze by the studio?

Hope it heals well.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast