Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rank your piercings from least painful to most painful.

Default Rank your piercings from least painful to most painful.

Here's my list:

1. lobe (obviously)
    2. wrist
    3. conch (first piercing other than lobe. didn't feel it getting it pierced, hurt worse after the fact)
    4. auricle
    5. medusa
    6. labret
    7. inverse navel (double: the 1st one didn't hurt but I almost passed out on the second one)
    8. orbital helix
    9. fossa (I think it hurt so bad because the piercer didn't know what he was doing and ended up piercing
    the thickest part of my cartilage)

What I've found is tht the more you anticipate and freak yourself out over a piercer the less it hurts because you're expecting it to hurt more than it does.
    Current:
    right ear- 4 lobes, auricle, fossa
    left ear- 3 lobes, conch, orbital helix
    philtrum, double high nostril, ankle surfaces x2, wrist surfacr.

Retired:
    wrist surface,
    arm surface, navel, double inverse navel, horizontal navel surface, 2 labrets, snakebites, antitragus, 2 nies, 4 ankle surface

Want:

double tragus, 10 gauge helix, r
    ook- anti tragus industrial

I would rate all piercings around 0.01/10 for pain compared to other pain I've felt in life. Some a bit more nippy than others.

We had a pain thread but I closed it as it wasn't being maintained and concluded no evidence of pain-piercing levels as everyone experiences their own piercing differently and too many factors are involved.

Would take too long for me to "rate" mine and wouldn't make any sense anyway and some are from over 20 years ago anyway.

Now my last tattoo that took 6 hours, that had some rather painful moments at the end!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I didn't even feel half of mine until afterwards, except my new favourite Daith, which has only made it's presence known with the occasional itch.

I'd say Septum stung the most but that's because she kept poking me with the needle before actually piercing, then spent about 10 minutes trying to screw the balls on whilst pulling my nose all over the place. (Yeah, she wasn't very good!)

I've been told by both my tattooist & piercer that I'm great to work on as I don't even flinch so I obviously don't feel very much!
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Can you rank your ear piercings then?
    Current:

Retired:
    wrist surface,
    arm surface, navel, double inverse navel, horizontal navel surface, 2 labrets, snakebites, antitragus, 2 nies, 4 ankle surface

Want:

Quote Originally Posted by heatherb42 View Post
    Can you rank your ear piercings then?
    Me?

Hmm I just can't "rank" piercings lol. They hurt like any piercing, sharp pinch/pressure for a split second and it's over....stubbing your toe is way more painful imo.

I don't see how or why pain needs to factor into it really. It's going to pinch a wee bit, end of. You'll also hear of people saying they felt pressure and little/no pain, you'll also hear people say a certain piercing was ridiculously painful usually followed by a story of how it was done badly.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I don't think I really care about the pain that much! I suppose before I got my first slightly different piercings (I got double lobes when I was young and then started off with back MDs) I felt apprehensive about what it might be like but been pierced too many times to be bothered by it in all honesty. I suppose for me wanting the piercing overrides any worries about being in pain.

I got an 18 piercing temporary rib corset done and my rib tattoo took a pretty long time to complete but I'd repeat both experiences so it can't have been that bad!
    4 x Lobes
    2 x MDs Lower Back
    Navel + Inverse Navel
    4 x Surface Hips
    3 x Left Inner Conch
    3x Left Outer Conch
    Right Rook
    2 x Right Conch
    Right Helix
    Septum
    Orchid Tattoo Ribs + Disney Tattoo Thigh

Why bother? I'm not trying to be a bi**h, but what's the point? Regardless of pain, many people do get piercings, so obviously it's not a deterrent to all. Personally i've had injections I would 'rank' as more painful than a lot of my piercings, i've also had piercings that have been painful for months, so the initial pain is completely forgotten because the latter eclipsed it.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

^ agree with Hazel and Sophie tbh.

Procedural pain does not factor into my decision-making about piercings. It's over too quickly to even waste time thinking about it.
    Biting your tongue hurts more (and for longer) than having it pierced.

Sure a piercing will hurt to some extent, for a very brief moment of time, but if you're trying to decide between piercings based on the level of pain you'll experience, ignore the initial piercing and think more about the "aftermath" where you have to avoid bumping/catching/snagging it during the healing period.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Sooo no answers? thanks guys...
    Current:

Retired:
    wrist surface,

Want:

Quote Originally Posted by heatherb42 View Post
    Sooo no answers? thanks guys...
    What is it you want to gain from this? Genuine question. If you want to see how people "rate" the pain of a piercing read this and knock yourself out. But I can tell you now that people rate all and any piercings from 1 to 10 out of 10 so in essence it tells you absolutely zero.

If it's something else you want to gain please do ask and I'm sure people will try to answer or help you.

The part you mention about getting worked up works to some extent as it gets adrenaline rushing around the body which can help you cope with the pain in some ways.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast