Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vertical labret piercing!

Default Vertical labret piercing!

So I've wanted a vertical labret piercing for a long time, but I've never been able to due to worrying about family reactions and then having a job where there were specific piercing rules. Now I'm living in New York with my dad who doesn't care what I do with my body now that I'm 22 and I only have a job watching my sister so I figured now is the right time to go for it.

I spent a lot of time looking on yelp for a good piercing shop and found a high quality one with great reviews called The End is Near about a 20 minute walk from my dad's apartment. One of my best friends from my job before I moved here is visiting so I brought him with me.

The first thing I noticed going into the shop was the high quality jewelry such as anatometal on display. The piercer came out and introduced himself as Adam and asked what I wanted. I told him and he asked me how I felt about it. I told him I was nervous but that I had my nipples pierced and he said comparatively a vertical labret was nothing and I would be fine. He brought out two 16g curved barbells, one in 8mm and on in 10mm. The 8mm would have fit snugly, and although I never swell, we thought it better not to risk embedding and went with the 10mm. Then he went back and set up then called me back when he was ready. I swished my mouth out with wash, he cleaned the area, then marked it. It was good so I approved. He had me lay down and this is one of the few piercings I've had done freehand which I prefer. He had me breathe in and breathe out all the while making sure I was okay. It was a quick pinch and it was over with, definitely not worth the nerves. I would give it a 5/10, comparable with a nostril piercing and definitely not as bad as say my rook or nipples. After he gave me aftercare instructions, a pamphlet, and sea salt and told me to come back in 6 weeks to downsize the bar and get a nice flat topped barbell. Then he told me that if I had any problems I should come by the store, call, or send an email. He was super nice and even told me that it looks good on me. I thought it would be expensive due to the high quality jewelry even though the piercing itself was only 35, but the jewelry was only 40 so it wasn't bad in total.
    Overall, it was a great experience, definitely the best piercing place I have been to out of the other 3 and around 20 piercings I have gotten.

I've had it done for 2 days now and I've had the extremely chapped lips that everyone has talked about so I've been applying chapstick with aloe vera and vitamin E regularly. I wash my mouth out with alcohol free mouth wash after meals and do a sss in the morning. The only problems I've had so far was dried blood on the bottom hole the first day and the ball getting stuck on my top lip in the morning as well as this little red cut like bit on the lower part of the top hole, but the soreness feels like any other piercing so I'm not too worried about it. As predicted I've had no swelling, and I haven't had any issues with eating, drinking, or brushing my teeth like I've heard. It's only awkward if it's something big like a burger, but if I cut it into smaller pieces it's no problem.

And now a picture!
    Excuse me, it was taken before I showered this morning. :x
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

its so pretty!!! :3

*wants*
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

It suits you so well
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

Wow, it really suits you! Glad you went for it!
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Thanks everyone.
    It's now been about a week since I've had it. I'm still doing sss every morning although today is the first where it hasn't been crusted to my top lip. The little cut is gone although I've noticed a bump on the top. It's not like hypertrophic scarring and it's not visible, I'm only able to feel it, so maybe it's just scar tissue forming?
    Anyway, I've had no issues with it, really. The chapped lips have improved a bit although I don't expect them to get completely better during the winter.
    Although Adam said to come back in 6 weeks for a downsize, I might see if I can do so after 4 because there's still no swelling and the long bar is annoying as well as heavy feeling. Maybe its just because I'm not used to it though.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.

It looks really nice on you! I have always been a little afraid to get any type of oral piercing because I am constantly biting at my lips (bad habit).

That's been difficult for me as well but you could always just bite where the piercing isn't.
    Current

It looks awesome and you definitely have the lips it!! (I hope that's a compliment)
    Current - 3 x L & R lobe, R nostril, L Industrial
    Retired - L helix, R lobe

I would def try and get downsized at 4 weeks if you don't have any swelling, the balls look big which I bet makes you feel it more! Get some little dainty ones on there when you downsize, you've got quite a delicate face and it suits you btw!!

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Toady View Post
    It looks awesome and you definitely have the lips it!! (I hope that's a compliment)
    Definitely a compliment, I love my full lips. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SleeeepyHollow View Post
    I would def try and get downsized at 4 weeks if you don't have any swelling, the balls look big which I bet makes you feel it more! Get some little dainty ones on there when you downsize, you've got quite a delicate face and it suits you btw!!
    Yeah, definitely. It's really hard not to play with since there's so much room. That was my plan, I think it will look super cute. Thank you!!

Update: There's no soreness at all anymore unless I play with it a lot. I'm surprised as it's been less than 2 weeks since I've had it done, but I've heard oral piercings are fairly easy healers (which I haven't had besides my tongue but they can heal in as little as 3 weeks). I'm hoping the healing time will be the minimum of 3 months!
    Last edited by tacosareyummeh; 12-21-2013 at 09:44 PM.
    Current

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast