Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conch piercing experience

Default Conch piercing experience

Today I decided to be brave and get my conch pierced. I've been interested in getting it pierced since January but I was always apprehensive about it.

I was in Dublin today for a college open day and decided to go with my friend to my piercers, Wildcat Ink in St. Stephen's Green.
    Went in, filled in the form and soon enough, I had it done.

Front (excuse the helix bump):

Back:

I was surprised how much it hurt. Since I've read numerous experiences, I think I worked myself up for it being very painful. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 4 for me. In my experience, my helix was more painful than my conch. Afterwards, it felt like someone boxed me in the ear but it wasn't too sore.
    Last edited by neutron073; 02-19-2014 at 12:15 AM. Reason: changed links to photos
    Current piercings:
    Right ear: 2 lobes & conch
    Left ear: 2 lobes
    left nostril

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

I'm jealous! Happy healing Glad you had a painless experience!
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Looks great and sounds like you had a good experience My conch was like that, could hardly feel the piercing but the throbbing that kicked in that night was killer !
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Toofwess View Post
    Looks great and sounds like you had a good experience My conch was like that, could hardly feel the piercing but the throbbing that kicked in that night was killer !
    We're lucky! I've seen people online saying it was extremely painful and I was internally panicking about the pain when she had the needle to my ear! When the needle was going through, it didn't hurt at all.
    It was when the needle popped out on the other side that it was sore.

Last night was uncomfortable, to say the least. I sleep on the opposite side most of the time, but it was throbbing.
    Current piercings:
    left nostril

Quote Originally Posted by neutron073 View Post
    We're lucky! I've seen people online saying it was extremely painful and I was internally panicking about the pain when she had the needle to my ear! When the needle was going through, it didn't hurt at all.
    It was when the needle popped out on the other side that it was sore.

Last night was uncomfortable, to say the least. I sleep on the opposite side most of the time, but it was throbbing.
    Haha I was the same, freaking out because of what other people said ! Better to ignore other people's pain opinions I think. Mine didn't even hurt coming out the back though.

Aww.. Ice cold soak soaks and ibuprofen help with throbbing pain.
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

Day 2

So far, conch has been behaving. It hasn't hurt since the day of getting it (other than accidentally brushing against it a couple of times). I can feel that it's there, but other than that, nothing.

I know it's early days but I hope it it continues to behave like this.
    Current piercings:
    left nostril

Some annoying itching last night and today.. other than that, nothing.
    Also I suddenly developed a cold on Saturday night and have a slight earache in the same ear as my conch piercing. Hopefully it won't be too much trouble..
    Current piercings:
    left nostril

Day 5.

Other than some itching, nothing to report.
    My earache was actually just my wisdom teeth starting to develop and caused pain to go up my jaw and in my ear.

For cleaning, I'm currently only spraying saline solution on it at morning and at night (not using a cotton bud) and rinsing it under the shower. Tried to use a cotton bud and it was a bit sore and haven't used one again since.

Really surprised at how this piercing is going so far. Never had one so painless and problem-less so early on. Fingered crossed it continues like this!
    Current piercings:
    left nostril

Day 9
    Again, nothing to write about really. I'm now able to move the barbell (gently) without any pain.
    Haven't had any problems with my hair catching on it yet, although I do wear my hair up most of the time (for school, etc).

All I can say is: the itching! For some reason it gets really itching whenever I'm in bed.
    I never knew how bad it is to resist the urge to itch a piercing!
    Current piercings:
    left nostril

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Ah, the dreaded itching. Nowadays I fear the itching a lot more than I fear the pain of getting a piercing done, haha!
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast