Thread: Genuinely concerned my navel piercing is infected

Default Genuinely concerned my navel piercing is infected

So back in April I got my upper and lower navel piercings done and, over time, it was becoming clear that the bottom one was definitely rejecting so, on the advice of my piercer, I took it out around 2 weeks ago. I have no problems from it now but my upper is really starting to bug me. I was thinking of just removing it and getting it repierced in the future but then it occurred to me that it could be infected. It is a little pink around the hole - although that could be the slight rejection. Also, it's very painful when it's touched by anything, even me sitting down or my top resting on it. Could it be infected? I'd love to just take it out but I know that infections are much easier to treat if the piercing is still open.
    Help appreciated!
    happy metal = happy Fi :3
    past: left helix; left lobe; navel.
    present: double lobes; left daith; left anti tragus; right tragus; right conch; right nostril; right horizontal nip; navel; inverse navel.
    future: snug; anti helix; industrial; conch; ragnar; medusa; labret.

if it's extremely red around the area, hot to touch, really painful & swollen and you have brown / dark coloured puss then its likely to be infected. can you post a picture?