Thread: Industrial not healing!

Default Industrial not healing!

I've had my industrial almost two years now. I don't do much aftercare anymore, but it's got a gross bump on one side that I just can't seem to get rid of.

The jewelry I have in the piercing is bioplast. It needs to be clear for up to a year for professional reasons. I think a part of why it won't heal is because I may have gotten the wrong size (it seems too fat), and that it is flexible and therefore it bends in my ear. It currently looks like a very flat upside-down U.

Any suggestions? Perhaps an idea on where I can get a better, clear piece of jewelry? And ideas on how to reduce the swelling?

Thanks!

Sounds like it's bending weirdly and putting pressure on the piercing.. Maybe try two separate small gauge glass retainers if it needs to be clear ? Like this one: https://www.glasswearstudios.com/PDG...NoFlareBar.jpg

There's a sticky thread about how to get rid of bumps somewhere around here, have a read of that.

For what it's worth, my first helix was like that and I had to retire it, it had so much scar tissue built up for so long that I don't think it was ever going to heal tbh.
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

Post a pic?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'm not sure of what size to get for a retainer! I'm thinking 1/2" or 1/4". Opinions?

And I don't know how to post pics! I'm sorry. :(

I wear a 1/4" in my helix piercings, but everyone is different. If you post a pic we could help more, upload the image to a site like tumblr or photobucket, then right click and 'copy image url'. Then click on the little 'insert image' button in the toolbar above the reply box, and paste the url into it
    Hi, I'm Mj

Current piercings: 1st lobes (4mm), 2nd+3rd (1mm), helix x 2 (1.2mm), daith (1.2mm), septum (3mm), nostril (1mm)

Retired: 4th lobe piercings, helix, one horizontal nipple, navel.

Want: horizontal nipples, conch, triple upper navel project.