Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tragus Piercing Stud Change [HELP]

Default Tragus Piercing Stud Change [HELP]

Hello

I got my Tragus done 6 days ago, everything went perfect, there was little pain, no swelling, no blood and I had no problems with it.
    As I never got the chance to choose the stud that it was originally pierced with, yesterday I went to the shop I had it done and asked if I could buy only a stud (Ball) and if they could change it (after all, yesterday I was experiencing nearly no pain at all and it wasn't swollen or anything). The receptionist then went sterilized the stud and got some gloves and proceeded to change it. When she tried to unscrew the original stud it was really tight so she pressured a lot and it was kinda painful, a bit of blood came out and when she got it out (after much pain) she inserted the new jewelry and also struggled while doing it, moving the piercing a lot and causing a lot of pressure. In the end she got the stud changed (the original piercing hasn't been removed), I continued with my aftercare (like 3 sea salt soaks a day) and I noticed it got really swollen and I was experiencing a lot of pain.
    Last night I found it really hard to sleep, and the pain was unbearable, today it still feels like last night and it is really swollen.
    I'm not playing with it or touching it at all, the only thing I've done with it are the sea salt soaks.

I highly doubt that it is an infection, and I have history of my other piercings swelling up (but none started to swell up after 5 days)
    I was wondering if there is some I can do to reduce the swelling or pain of it? (I'm allergic to NSAIDs, Non steroid anti inflammatory drugs, so therefore I can't take any aspirins or those anti inflammatory drugs)

Cold compresses, keep hydrated, sleep with your head elevated. Is there enough room on the new bar? It's swollen because it shouldn't have been changed. Cartilage can take anywhere from six months to 18 months to heal.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by SleeeepyHollow View Post
    Cold compresses, keep hydrated, sleep with your head elevated. Is there enough room on the new bar? It's swollen because it shouldn't have been changed. Cartilage can take anywhere from six months to 18 months to heal.
    Done all those steps, the bar is the same as when I got it pierced, I haven't removed it, only the stud got changed.
    Is there any other steps which will lower the swelling?
    I've read about tee trea oil, Is it worth it? will it help with this more than the other steps I'm following?

No tea tree oil is too harsh, just be patient and give it time!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    No tea tree oil is too harsh, just be patient and give it time!
    Okaaay, then I'll just be doing my same routine.

Is this swelling a gateway for infection, do I have to worry about something else happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew2xtreme View Post
    Okaaay, then I'll just be doing my same routine.

Is this swelling a gateway for infection, do I have to worry about something else happening?
    Nope. It's totally normal.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Oh you wrote it like the whole thing got changed.. I still kinda stand by what I said. The end shouldnt have been changed at 6 days old either. And I totally don't have a clue about the medical side of things but there are arnica tablets which can reduce swelling, sell them in Boots. (Obv I don't know whether you can take them or not so thats down to you knowing your allergies/checking whats in them).
    Last edited by SleeeepyHollow; 10-31-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by SleeeepyHollow View Post
    Oh you wrote it like the whole thing got changed.. I still kinda stand by what I said. The end shouldnt have been changed at 6 days old either. And I totally don't have a clue about the medical side of things but there are arnica tablets which can reduce swelling, sell them in Boots. (Obv I don't know whether you can take them or not so thats down to you knowing your allergies/checking whats in them).
    Alright! thank you, I'm not allergic to arnica and I'll be sure to pass by boots and buy some tomorrow.

Also, there's this hot transparent liquid coming out of my piercing, think it's just plasma.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew2xtreme View Post
    Alright! thank you, I'm not allergic to arnica and I'll be sure to pass by boots and buy some tomorrow.

Also, there's this hot transparent liquid coming out of my piercing, think it's just plasma.

Thanks
    Yep the clear liquid is lymph an overproduction of white blood cells your body produces when healing something.

Just soak twice a day tops or rinse in the shower. I tend to find my cartilage piercings take a good 6-9 months to settle fully.

Okay, just woke up and the swelling has taken up the whole bar, and when I clean it there's quite an amount of blood. Does that mean anything?
    Pain is almost the same and I feel quite an amount of pressure

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast