Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vertical Labret!

Default Vertical Labret!

I had my Vertical Labret done today! I figured I'd start a diary here of it, because there didn't seem to be many when I was looking into it prior to getting pierced? Also, I'm in Canada, so it may provide different perspective? Baah, who knows, but mostly for the first part, haha, cause I know when I was thinking of it and debating between Philtrum and Vertical Labret, there weren't many first-hand experiences written up of Vertical Labrets.

But, first things, first, I was NERVOUS AS HECK. I wanted it badly, but I was also incredibly worried about how much the needle going through my lip would hurt. I was HOPING it would be clamped(because the few piercings where they were clamped that I had, the clamp hurt more than the actual piercing), because I looked at youtube videos etc of it being done and pretty much all were clamped. So thinking it'd be clamped made me feel a lot better. Seeing it actually being done in videos made my nerves calm a bit.

At least until the day of, haha. I stayed at my bfs for the night because thats my Thursday night thing and he lives close to the piercing studio I love(Exotix Studio, the only one in my entire city who will pierce with Titanium... plus Six and his apprentice, Alex, are awesome), so it worked out. I'd had the appointment almost all week, Friday at 4:30pm... and we'd also switch my nose jewellery. My BF and I were early so we shopped around the streets for a bit before going in, and by the time we went in I was shaking and my BF could tell I was visibly nervous, and he just kept telling me that if I can have my conch PUNCHED, that I could do it, and that in half an hour I'd be saying it was a breeze, and it was so easy.

So, first, everything had to be anodized(rose gold colour <3) and I had to pick new gem ends for my paired nostrils, sign the waivers, etc. Everything was sterilized aaand then I was called in.

15 minutes spent marking, and laughing and joking around. Six was great, telling me that I'm always worried like crazy but I'm always fine. I asked if he's gonna clamp it, because I don't see a clamp -- NOPE. Now I'm panicking in my head because I can't figure out how that works even though I've had an eyebrow free handed. He explains how he uses his fingers to manipulate and yada yada, tells me to lay down again and that I'll survive. Then he's telling me how he's got new needles that are coated with silicone and most people seem to say they dont feel the needle, etc. I don't know if he's lying to make me feel better or what.

But I lie down anyways, and he starts joking that he can never remember if he pierces top to bottom or bottom to top, so he shifts from one side of me to the other a few times while positioning the needle(top, bottom, top, bottom, left of my head, right of my head, etc). My boyfriend, Six and I are making jokes that he should have a mural on the wall with cheats hidden in the mural like a cheat sheet. After a minute or so of that, I try to force myself to breathe calmer... which doesn't help. By that point I ask if he's good, and he says he's got it... we're going bottom to top.

I breathe in, then out anddd in the needle goes. It friggen hurt. It HURT. I don't know if I was just stuck in the moment of the needle going through or what, but it felt like the needle was going slowly. I felt like I could feel it slowly going through my flesh -- and then the POP of it coming out of my lip was the worst part. When it broke out of my skin on my lip was when it hurt the most. I'm like kicking the air with one foot and I'm making high pitched noises to get it out and make myself feel better...

Needles in, though, and then he gets the taper and the jewellery and hes asking me what it feels like, how is it, etc. I'm like, I legit did not think I could go through with this. I was so nervous I thought I would back out. Six is saying that he's never had anyone back out of a piercing before. As he's fiddling with my lip to get the jewellery in I'm saying my lip feels tight, heavy, it feels weird, etc. He's like "Well, you've got a bunch of shit hanging out of it right now, sooo.." Jewellery in, aaaaand done! But to me, it still felt tight and heavy.

I didn't get to look at it until he'd switched my nostril labrets around for me... so now i'm all rose gold and white opal on my face. :3

But I have a look at it when that's done, finally, and I looove it. I still cannot believe I managed to go through with it, that I didn't back out. I've wanted a lip piercing for so long, but I didn't want one that would constantly be touching my mouth, as much as I like the look of some.

Once we left the studio, we went to get food... eating fries was no problem, neither was drinking...I even drank out of a cup without dribbling. But by the time I was eating, I was already swollen, so I popped ibuprofen while my bf and I were eating.

It hasn't hurt at all really. I feel some pain similar to a bruise near the bottom hole, only on the inside of my lip though(weird). But it's not PAIN, it just feels like there's a bruise lingering around the inside of my lip. I don't "feel" it when I move my lip around, but I definitely feel there is something there -- like it's "heavy". I dunno how to describe it other than that. I just had hot dogs for dinner with no issue, though I struggled a bit to not get ketchup on it. Drinking coffee with no dribbling. Its a strange feeling and my lips are already super dry and licking my lips is strange because theres this ball in my way, but all in all so far it's awesome.

Aaand here's a pic; excuse how awful I look, I generally am too lazy to take makeup to my boyfriends so I always look awful on Fridays.

tumblr// facebook

have;
    10g first + 14g second lobes, right helix,
    left daith, right conch, paired nostrils,
    vertical labret.
    horizontal nipples.
    want;
    industrial, septum, rook,
    third lobe, outer conch.

Well done for going through with it, it looks awesome. I'm considering getting a vertical labret sometime in the future, so this diary will be interesting to read.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Hi, congratulations . ThatPsycho's post arrived as I was typing mine and I'm just saying the same thing lol: It looks really good and goes well with your nostrils! It was interesting to hear about getting a vertical one. I'd love to get a vertical labret but I think my lips are too thin . Hope it heals well for you! And you don't look awful at all lol .
    Current: Bridge / Left Nostril / Septum / Bottom Lip / Tongue Web / 2 x Mandible / VCH / Triangle / 3 x Helix / 6 x Lobe / Tragus
    Retired: 2 x Tongue Web / 3 x Nipple / Navel / Tragus / 10 x Lobe

Ooh, I love it! Suits you, and the rose gold looks lovely .
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Oh that looks lovely, your nose studs looks great as well.
    Piercings

Left ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x forward helix
    1 x conch

Right ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x tragus
    1 x helix(retired)

1 x nostril

1 x navel

Thanks everyone. :3

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPsycho View Post
    Well done for going through with it, it looks awesome. I'm considering getting a vertical labret sometime in the future, so this diary will be interesting to read.
    Thank you! I'm pretty proud of myself. I love it already, haha. Hopefully I remember to keep this updated.

Quote Originally Posted by potato-woman View Post
    Hi, congratulations . ThatPsycho's post arrived as I was typing mine and I'm just saying the same thing lol: It looks really good and goes well with your nostrils! It was interesting to hear about getting a vertical one. I'd love to get a vertical labret but I think my lips are too thin . Hope it heals well for you! And you don't look awful at all lol .

Thanks! Have you asked if you're suited? I didn't think I'd be able to have one either but apparently I could. :3
    tumblr// facebook

have;
    vertical labret.
    horizontal nipples.
    want;
    third lobe, outer conch.

Here's another picture of it from this morning that my boyfriend took at the bus stop on my way to work...

So, Day one?

Feels ok, I don't really notice it half the time. I took two ibuprofens when I woke up, so for most of the day the swelling wasn't too bad. Drinking my morning coffee I get on the way to work was easy, since I get it double cupped and the top ball fits right between the lips of the two cups, so it doesn't bug me when I have my coffee. Drinking from a bottle during my shift was alright, I just have to be careful not to press the ball into the bottle, sort of... hold my lip out around the rim? So that the labret doesn't touch the actual plastic and it doesn't feel weird.

I noticed throughout the day that the inside of my lip is kind of sore. Around the top ball it feels really weird, it feels almost hard and tough around the bar. The last couple hours it's starting to get particularly sore, so I'm gonna take some more ibuprofen soon. My aftercare directions are compresses for 10 minutes, not soaks, so I'll be doing that soon as well... Pretty uneventful, just sore near the end of the day, eating and drinking arent too bad....
    tumblr// facebook

have;
    vertical labret.
    horizontal nipples.
    want;
    third lobe, outer conch.

It looks really nice i can imagine vert labrets to be sore on the initial pierce, just going through your lip!

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by SleeeepyHollow View Post
    It looks really nice i can imagine vert labrets to be sore on the initial pierce, just going through your lip!
    It really was! I can't even explain it. It was just.. the weirdest feeling, but at the same time so painful.. but the worst part of it hands down was when it broke through that final layer of skin on the top of my bottom lip. Belghjehr. I don't think I could do it again.

I think I've spoken too soon on this being fairly easy so far, now that I've compressed it and cleaned it etc it's throbbing quite a bit. I hope ibuprofen kicks in soon, the top ball is starting to sink into the swelling a little bit(but there's still length on the bottom half sticking out, so I just make sure that it's pushed up a little bit). Bed now, so hopefully some sleep calms it down. My lips are also getting super dry. When I brush my teeth I try to gently exfoliate my lip(avoiding touching the piercing with the toothbrush, once i've rinsed toothpaste off and away) so that they don't feel so chapped since I can't use lip balm right now. :( Boo.

Thank you all for your compliments <3 I don't get many on these things IRL, so it's nice to hear it suits me. :') (Other than from, yknow, my boyfriend.)
    tumblr// facebook

have;
    vertical labret.
    horizontal nipples.
    want;
    third lobe, outer conch.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
    Thank you! I'm pretty proud of myself. I love it already, haha. Hopefully I remember to keep this updated.
    You're welcome, and yay. xD
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast