Thread: Line tatto's and bleeding.

Default Line tattoo's and bleeding.

My sister and I are getting a shared line tattoo when we go to get our main tattoos in November. We were thinking something really simple such as the bottom butterfly in this set

But the size of a 10 pence piece.

However, I have no experience with simple line designs and i'm worried about future bleeding. What would be the best placement for this tattoo in regards to ink bleeding? I was thinking of getting it on my ankle area
    (Here: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...ULNnZvnxd68pcm)
    Would a place like that bleed easily?

Does anyone have any other suggestions for placement?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Elelia; 10-11-2013 at 11:48 PM.
    Love and be loved.

In my experience, lines bleeding happens more over bone than on fleshy parts of the body. Some people will probably tell you to go to a good artist and it won't happen but that's just not true - my artist is fantastic but I have slight (very minimal) bleeding on a small part of my knee cap and a small part of my collar bone. It happens. To me, it's just those 2 areas it happens to. To what extent it happens depends on the artist and how your body receives the ink in that particular part.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Thank you, that's really helpful. I'm getting my tattoo done by -what i've heard- is a very good artist so i'll speak to him about it as well.

Thank you for the advice, it's extremely helpful
    Love and be loved.

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

I have one are with a bit of bleeding but that's over old stretch marks, I've also had one line blow, as Toni said both areas were tattooed by a very good artist! Sometimes bodies just don't hold ink the way we want them to!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

I have only had tattoo until now ( Looking back) that were done by bad artists and have had some bleeding in various areas, but I think it is all down to the way your skin hold the ink - I hope you get what you want and that the results remain good.
    Piercings-
    1st Lobes x 2 @ 8mm
    2nd Lobes x 2 @1.8mm
    Central Tongue x 1 @1.8mm
    Labret x 1 @ 1.6mm
    Nose L
    Nipple L x 1
    Nipple R x 1

Tattoos-
    Lots that need covering

1st 3hrs done on right have sleeve

What I'd Love:-, Cristina, T-bar Nipples.

''You are only dealt, what you can deal with''