Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conch and rook piercing tips :)

Default Conch and rook piercing tips :)

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum but by no means new to piercings just haven't had any for a while

I'm thinking of a conch and rook piercing in the same ear (probably getting them tomorrow so don't know if anyone will see this before then!) and was wondering what people's experiences were of healing them with different starting jewellery eg BCR, labret stud, barbell...

The only other exciting piercings I've had on my ears are tragus (labret studs) and industrial - neither of which I had a choice of jewellery for. Any tips/suggestions? I'm also assuming that it will hurt on par with an industrial/scaffold piercing?

Thanks for any replies

Conches should be done with a barbell or labret.
    Rooks should be done with a curved barbell.

Pain will vary, some report some pressure, some a scratch, some a sharp pain and other say it hurt badly. Either way it lasts 0.1 of a second and is over with fast if done by a good piercer.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

If you get your conch punched(any size really) its the most awesome sound ever. Just saying.
    tumblr// facebook

have;
    10g first + 14g second lobes, right helix,
    left daith, right conch, paired nostrils,
    vertical labret.
    horizontal nipples.
    want;
    industrial, septum, rook,
    third lobe, outer conch.

I've heard soooooooooo many people say their standard cartilage piercings crunch. I've had 14 of them and still waiting to hear it haha!

Didn't realise you had yours punched moonface! What size is it?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks for the replies guys!

Ok so just in general nothing should be done with a BCR

Ewwww at the conch crunch! My tragus made a weird noise, it's so off putting!

I'm still not quite decided between rook and conch or rook and anti-tragus but I've got a few more hours to decide!

Im not too squeamish and have had a ton of piercings done - the worst being when I got my nose repierced, the pain of the massive clamps she used was insane - so I'll be fine I just usually like to know what to anticipate
    x

Tips:
    Don't sleep on them, don't touch/twist/pick or fiddle with them. Be careful with phones (best to use your other ear) and also make sure any hats/hoods/pillowcases etc that you use are clean. Remember cartilage takes a loooong time to heal so don't go changing the jewellery either unless you really need it downsized.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by chilli_d View Post
    the pain of the massive clamps she used was insane
    Clamps shouldn't ever hurt, I'd consider a better piercer.

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Clamps shouldn't ever hurt, I'd consider a better piercer.
    Trust me - I'm never going back to that place again!

Got them done at my usual piercers. No clamps, took all of about 20 seconds and the guy redid my tragus for me for free pain was hardly anything and no horrible crunching so was a pretty great experience all round! I think it's going to be a fair while before I sleep on my left though!

Here's a pic (sorry, it's a little bloody)

Nice combo

Not sure 3 cartilage piercings in one ear in one sitting is the best idea I've ever heard but good luck with the healing.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

I got my conch done about 2 months ago, i wouldn't say it crunched, but i could here the needle popping through, it sounded like a sewing needle doing through thick denim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast