Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tattoo Advice

I give you the finished result....TADAAAAAAA
    Piercings and what not..

2 x Lobes, 1 x 10mm Stretch (L), Helix (L), Tragus (L), Conch (L), Anti Tragus (R), Snug (R), Daith (R), Tongue Web & 2 x Wrist Skin Divers.
    Wish List: Rook, Gill, Orbital, Tatto.
    Retired: 3 x Lobe, 1 x Tragus.

Tumblr

Piercings and what not..

2 x Lobes, 1 x 10mm Stretch (L), Helix (L), Tragus (L), Conch (L), Anti Tragus (R), Snug (R), Daith (R), Tongue Web & 2 x Wrist Skin Divers.

Tumblr

Ok, so my tattoo healing has been fine, until yesterday, when I went shopping in Cardiff and it has started to crack :(. I have been putting on the tattoo goo salve I got from my artist. But was wondering if there is anything else I could use to stop it from cracking? I have been washing it 2-3 times a day, as I haven't really been anywhere lately, and I have kept it uncovered to help it dry. Thanks
    Piercings and what not..

Tumblr

I don't even know what tattoo goo is but I never trust anything made specifically for healing tattoos/piercings. Bepanthen or similar is all you need.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

I think tattoo goo is quite a good alternative for people who are sensitive to Bep?
    Thanks to my fussy skin I use a product specifically for tattoos now and it's the best thing I've ever used, I've never had a tattoo heal so quickly lol!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

If it's lanolin that someone is allergic to then tattoo goo is full of it and uses it as one of it's main ingredients.

I feel it has a lot of claims that just sound silly tbh. I've only ever used bep for 3-4 days then palmers cocoa butter after that ^_^

How are you washing it? 3 times a day sounds excessive for a small tattoo tbh.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    I feel it has a lot of claims that just sound silly tbh. I've only ever used bep for 3-4 days then palmers cocoa butter after that ^_^

How are you washing it? 3 times a day sounds excessive for a small tattoo tbh.
    All of this. My tattoos are only ever cleaned when I shower. On the days I don't shower, it's given a quick and simple wipe with my clean, wet hand in the morning.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    If it's lanolin that someone is allergic to then tattoo goo is full of it and uses it as one of it's main ingredients.
    I never realised this! I've never used it personally but a friend from home was having a reaction to Bep (similar to the one I have) and a friend's mum gave them their Tattoo Goo to try instead and they were fine with it, glad I never decided to try it lol!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    All of this. My tattoos are only ever cleaned when I shower. On the days I don't shower, it's given a quick and simple wipe with my clean, wet hand in the morning.
    Same with the washing ^_^
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I found bepanthen now. And I tend to wash it that much, but just with water, no soap. I do it like that because I do it when I shower in the morning, before I go to work, then before I go to bed. Seems to be loads better though. And the tattoo goo I have doesn't have lanolin listed in the ingredients on the back, its the waxy one, not the lotion. I only washed it 3 times a day yesterday and the day before, the rest of the time I think its been twice, mainly because I have to do it before bed because I've been working in a bar
    Last edited by Soph_A; 09-19-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    Piercings and what not..

Tumblr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12