Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo Advice

Red face Tattoo Advice

Hey Guys, I'm having a tattoo on my foot in 10 days :O, it's my first one so I'm bricking it a bit! My sitting is booked for 2 hours, but will only be just over an hour (I had to book 2, just I case he runs over the hour to perfect the tat). Anyways, my boss wants me to work the evening of this day. I was wondering if you guys could advise me whether to do this, as I obviously have no experience with tattoo healing, as this will be my first one. I work in a bar and should be working from 6pm until the early hours of the morning (one of the staff is having a leaving party). Thanks in advance!
    Piercings and what not..

2 x Lobes, 1 x 10mm Stretch (L), Helix (L), Tragus (L), Conch (L), Anti Tragus (R), Snug (R), Daith (R), Tongue Web & 2 x Wrist Skin Divers.
    Wish List: Rook, Gill, Orbital, Tatto.
    Retired: 3 x Lobe, 1 x Tragus.

Tumblr

It's not ideal you'll want to be resting it elevated, I'd say if you can get out of work then do so haha!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Cool, thanks. That's all I needed to know . I will hopefully get out of it. If not, I'm sure he'll let me sit down anyways Thank you
    Piercings and what not..

2 x Lobes, 1 x 10mm Stretch (L), Helix (L), Tragus (L), Conch (L), Anti Tragus (R), Snug (R), Daith (R), Tongue Web & 2 x Wrist Skin Divers.

Tumblr

I'd keep it covered, socks and soft shoes. Take an ibuprofen. You will be whacked though. I always am after a tattoo, no matter how small!

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Haha cheers guys! Will have a word with my boss anyway, I'm sure he'll be ok with it. Will post a photo of the finished result anyways
    Piercings and what not..

Tumblr

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SleeeepyHollow View Post
    I'd keep it covered, socks and soft shoes. Take an ibuprofen. You will be whacked though. I always am after a tattoo, no matter how small!
    Me too! I call it tattoo flu cause it rhymes

But really I can't add much other than what these guys have said. Make sure you have a decent meal before work and have a sugary drink with you if you feel yourself struggling, also ibuprofen (if you can take it) will be your BFF
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Cheers guys . will definitely be keeping ibuprofen close by. I always eat before work, because I like to stuff my face x). My boss is really good to me, so if I felt crappy he'd let me chill out for a bit and feed me haha. Think he said it's cool though so no worries at all . Thanks for the advice, and I'm sure I'll be asking more when it's done!
    Piercings and what not..

Tumblr

If you're like me, you'll be completely fine. Just keep it covered.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Ok cheers guys . Turns out I have to work now, as I really need the money! My boss is cool with the whole 'sitting down and resting' malarkey, so he wont force me to do loads of work . I was just wondering what sort of shoes and socks you recommend? (weird I know, but someone who spends her life in hi-tops had probably use a different pair of shoes). Luckily I'm not staring til 8pm, so will be able to wash it etc before work . Any help greatly appreciated
    Piercings and what not..

Tumblr

I wore converse high tops to the tattoo and home then it was a mix of them and vans slip ons. Just whatever you're comfortable with, what doesn't cause you discomfort.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast