Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cosmetic Contact lenses

Default Cosmetic Contact lenses

considering gettin me some of these bad boys, not sure if its a good idea or not though... any thoughts? experiences? good/bad, have you tried em and how did it go for you? i dont wear glasses and therefore have never wore contacts either. Will be part of a halloween costume and this event usually means a night on the lash so im also concerned from a safety point of view if things get a little wild lol.

Tbh if you asked an optompetrist they would advise against it. Cosmetic lenses do not take into account your base curve and diameter (ir the shape and size of your eye) and you ideally need to have the health of your eye checked carefully and closely.

That said lots of people risk it. I personally wouldn't as a glasses and contact lens wearer
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

I've worn coloured lenses for Halloween before but as I'm a regular prescription lense wearer I knew I wouldn't have any issues with taking them out when I was drunk and also I was able to order a prescription pair to suit my eyes online. If you think they'll really improve your costume and you're keen to get some I would go for an eye check and order some ones suited to you rather than a generic pair. I'd also order them well in advance so you can practise taking them in and out
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

From what I've seen cosmetic lenses don't state BC and Dia or has that changed? Tbh I never managed to find anything in my BC/Dia except standard coloured lenses and that was when I was getting regular check ups to check the health of my eye as well as knowing I could remove them and know how to clean/care for them as well. Was a while back now though.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

The ones I got took both into account, although I wasn't actually able to get them in the correct BC as I have astigmatism in both eyes so my optician said for a one of just as close as possible would be ok
    Because of my astigmatism I can only get standard ones to properly fit me but I don't have any desire for coloured ones except for the occasional one off so it doesn't bother me too much having the BC slightly off then.

Yeah I remember trying some with a larger diameter and they were really uncomfortable, couldn't keep them in at all.

I cba with lenses now tbh, my glasses hide my very tired eyes somewhat so it's better for me now

I have the Best Contact Lenses Ever because they're special ones I can sleep in - it's ace
    Although I do still have and love my glasses but I find if I want to switch between them I can't wear them on the same day or it makes me really ill - Katie K explained why to me once but even knowing the reason I still feel very trippy/nauseous/disorientated doing it!

Joys of having a dodgy high prescription like mee Katie haha.

OP, as you've never worn lenses before I personally would advise against it. A lot of people struggle with cl removal when sober, trying to do it when inebriated is much harder. I learned my lesson on that one! If it's something you really want to do, see an optician first and be assessed properly so at least you will be taught how to insert and remove them safely and have all the necessary health checks carried out
    Stabbings I still have
    Right ear
    : 2 x helix, conch & rook
    Left ear: helix, conch & tragus
    Tongue web, nostril, septum
    Triangle, VCH & 2 x outers

lol right so i aint gonna lie after reading your replies ive decided i cba its not worth the effort xD thanks guys!

I don't blame you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast